Kingdom Hearts 2.5

DearSweetAru

Registered
Nov 19, 2014
Is anyone else looking forward to this coming out?

Sure, it's not as awesome as when Kingdom Hearts 3 will finally come out, but I'm excited nonetheless especially being an American consumer. With the remixed games they are finally introducing the final mixed versions, which I have been dying to play and was upset they were only in Japan.

I'm a wee bit obsessed, maybe, but I splurged and paid for the collector's edition for this and absolutely can't wait to play it. I've already played all of the games in the franchise, but seeing them digitally remastered with extra junk originally exclusive to Japan is still exciting to me nonetheless. It's also a nice refresher before 3 comes out! :D

I don't blame you at all. I bought the 1.5 remix and played through it twice. I think Kingdom Heart is really just one of those classics that a majority of gamers can agree on. My secret hope is that buying the 1.5 and 2.5 remixes will show the developers that we're still interested in the series and maybe they'll hurry up with 3 (maybe....)

One can hope, right? Like, "TAKE MY MONEY!" The Collector's Edition comes with 1.5 and 2.5 (even though... I already own 1.5...) and a bunch of other really cool merch. Costs about $110, if I recall correctly, but totally worth it for them hardcore fans thanks to all the junk it comes with.

1.5 and 2.5 are really great additions, even if it just sounds like remakes. It gives all of the fans whose biggest excuse for not playing the "side games" because they weren't on the PS2 no reason not to buy them. The only game that is missing is Dream Drop Distance. Well, 358/2 Days is cinematics as is RE: Coded, however, I can see why for both. 358/2 Days (though it is my favorite because of the story) gets extremely repetitive for gameplay and RE: Coded really didn't translate from mobile to DS game very well. So having movies instead is a very nice plus.

Sadly I know some people who really don't like the series :( It makes me sad inside, especially since I'm dating one of those people. I think I only really talk to one person who gets all excited and obsessed like I do. Otherwise, mostly casual fans.

I really, really, really do hope this pushes 3 to come out sooner though. I've been reading interviews from time to time about it. Apparently 3 will be the end of this saga, but not the end of Kingdom Hearts. I'm not sure whether to be excited or worried it's going to become really horrid like games before it that get dragged out...

That collector edition that includes both the re-release of KH1&2 looks pretty sweet. However, the Kingdom Hearts story line makes no frigging sense and when you really take a look at the series, specifically KH2, it is little more than button mashing. Like, magic is there but you dont need to use outside of an occasional heal spell. Hopefully KH3 will be better. Although, seeing Squall fight along side Cloud against an entire army was super friggin sweet.

Well, I really, really don't wanna dedicate my time to explaining the Kingdom Hearts story line, especially considering I don't know which games you have played. 1.5 and 2.5 aren't just re-releases of 1 and 2; they're the remastered final mixes for various Kingdom Hearts games (1, 2, COM, and BBS) and cinematics for others (358/2, and Coded). How much sense the series makes really varies on which games you have played. I will agree, however, that 2's gameplay was far too easy and I felt the least satisfied playing it.

The amount of strategy that goes into it changes from game to game as they play around with it to fit the system. Like how they utilized the 3DS in Dream Drop Distance was utterly delicious, to me. Chain of Memories takes more strategy than Kingdom Hearts 2 thanks to the card system they implemented for it. So it really varies on which one you are playing.

If you are only playing 1 and 2? Then, yeah. It's a bunch of button mashing and how useful the magic is depends on which game it is. There can be strategy to it based on how you play and your difficulty level, but when playing on Normal it really does feel like glorified button mashing.

Without playing at least one of the in between games the story in Kingdom Hearts does get a bit lost. Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days both go over what happens between 1 and 2. You don't necessarily need to play both of them to get the gist of what went down, but at least one should be played to understand. Then Birth by Sleep explains a bit of the pre-Sora saga, which explains some of the other junk that goes on. Without playing Dream Drop Distance ya won't really understand 3, since a lot of junk happens in that game that leads up to it (and is how the fans knew the next Kingdom Hearts game would be 3, thanks to the ending).

As said, without knowing which games you have played I can't say too much concerning the story making "no friggen sense," but, typically, this is what I've come across for people who feel it doesn't make sense. It usually means they have only played 1 and 2. Not saying this is your case, but that's what I tend to come across.