KINECT

joshposh

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
trafficmonsoon.com
Was purchasing the XBOX ONE with the kinect worth it for the asking price? Or is it better to buy it now that they have a XBOX ONE only bundle?

To be honest it depends on your interests. If you want the kinect, and all of its uses, then you're better off buying the bundle. However, if you're like me and you hardly ever touched the kinect on the 360, then I'd reccommend you just get the xbone on its own. The Kinect bundle can be viewed as an invasion of privacy, and was actually one of the biggest turn offs for most people purchasing the console.

If you have young kids in your house, I would recommend the kinect. It has fun games and can keep them busy and happy for a while. If it's just older people though and none of you use it, you probably shouldn't get it.

I don't think the Kinect is that necessary, even for the voice controls. I myself consider pushing buttons to be less effort than talking especially when I'm all alone and in that type of lazy mood. I've heard that voice control is best for when you are doing something else like browsing on a laptop, but it's just not enough value for me for the price they are asking and the paranoia that comes with being always on and watching.

I'm not a fan of the kinect, it doesn't detect extremely precise movements. Games which intend to make full use of the system, like Dance Central, usually end up as silly novelty games which are only good at parties for the first couple minutes or so. Overall not a very useful entertainment device in my opinion.

The Kinect not detecting precise movements is really untrue. It was on the developer to build a better game and you could tell the ones who did versus the ones who didn't. There is no way that all of those dance games could be so well received, but the Kinect was also a faulty piece of equipment.

No, the makers of the dance games put in effort in building their game, just as certain developers for exercise games were better on the Kinect execution than others that just wanted to blame the Kinect.

I loved the 360 Kinect and totally expect to like the Kinect for the One.

Reactions: YunaKazama26
Honestly in my opinion I do not think that the Kinect is really necessary. When I'm had first gotten my xbox 360 I was really happy to get the Kinect. I had fun with it for like the first month but after that I never really bothered with it again. I think the Kinect is only useful once you have some kids around or if you are looking to have fun with the whole family but if you are just a hardcore gamer that will be playing games most of the time by yourself then I do not think that the Kinect will be necessary.

It really depends. Like the above mentioned, if you are a hardcore gamer then you definitely should buy only the console. But if you're the type who wants variety and wouldn't mind getting your ass off the sofa once in a while, you should get a Kinect. It's not just for the kids or for parties. Well most games are for fitness but there are games that can be a challenge. The hard difficulty in Dance Central 3 is one. Honesty all that spinning. DC Spotlight has only recycled moves though (the spin-off I never plan on buying). Fantasia Music Evolved is also fun too but it can be exhausting for your arms. These games can be played by your lonesome. Good for practice time. I like games with a learning curve. Like Tekken. It's better if you can master it or stay a noob forever. I wish there were/would be more challenging games on the Kinect though. I guess there's not much argument here because the worthy games on the Kinect are very few. Now I could only mention 2 that I find challenging (Child of Eden is playable on the controller). I do have high hopes for Kinect because of Harmonix. If anyone can make a RPG/Final Fantasy Playstation Move/Kinect game that's not on complete rails in the future, shut up and take my money. I hate kiddie games. I don't need virtual pets.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the kinect, it doesn't detect extremely precise movements. Games which intend to make full use of the system, like Dance Central, usually end up as silly novelty games which are only good at parties for the first couple minutes or so. Overall not a very useful entertainment device in my opinion.
I just got the Kinect for the first time on the 360, and it's okay, it's still new to us but I can see the fun fading out fast. It's not as accurate as I thought it was going to be. My boys seem to be having fun with it and thats the main thing.

Well they're close to the same price but if you dont think you'd be using it, then just get the console without the Kinect. IF you have kids (your own or others) then I recommend getting the Kinect. It's a little more expensive but you can have a lot of fun playing games where they're not just sitting there on the couch. :)

I don't think you get a lot of advantages buying the Kinect, no matter when and for what price you get it.
First of all, there aren't many games made to support Kinect, and if there are any good developed ones, there is surely one bug that you would be annoyed by. It might be good to exercise with sports or dancing games, but the majority of time you wouldn't want to move all of your body just to play something. People buy consoles to have a break, to enjoy their time, not to do something they could quite straightforwardly do outside, too.
I might be wrong, but this is how I see the situation, personally. I don't see many people buying Kinect nor games for it, either.

The Kinect is incredibly useful for certain functions and features, but it's not necessary by any means. If you're going to use the voice commands and play the Kinect-enabled games, then you'll obviously need the unit. Not everyone finds those features necessary, so they won't buy the Kinect bundle.