Kinect (The effects of motion sensing on Gaming)

ChrisHendrick

Registered
Mar 9, 2015
Do you think that motion sensing will revolutionize the gaming industry for the better or the worse?

#MyTwoCents

Personally I wonder how far it can go, mainly because gaming is designed to let us do things that we never imagined possible, fly through mystic worlds, shoot epic guns, or just make a nice topiary… Either way I wonder how developers would manage to make a game where it's fully interactive, but doesn't depend on physical ability. How would that work? I mean, if your whole body goes in the game would athletes have advantages, would gaming really be the same… just something to ponder.

I think it will try to revolutionize, but fail in the process. Let's be serious, the Kinect has been a huge failure, and Sony's "Move" was even worse.

If it will actually revolutionize it, it'll be for the worse, as I like to do sports when I feel like doing sports, and I like to play games when I feel like doing so. I don't want to mash them up, I wanna lay lazily on the couch and play with my controller.

All in all, I find the motion controls to be only another gimmick, and nothing more.

I think if they had incorporated it better it could have a fighting chance. There's some fun merits to it like swinging a sword or something. I would like to get a little more interactive with games in that manner since I used to do a ton of martial arts and stuff, so it'd be fun. Flying and stuff would be a no go but being able to kick, punch and slash would be fun.

I'm intrigued to see something like this on an RPG level. Nintendo explored some of it in their games but I don't think the technology is quite there yet to make it as immersive as possible. Two versions of a game would make sense for those who don't want to be active, but for us that do like activity, it'd be fun. I don't know, that's just how I personally feel about it. Plus exercise is always good for me.

I actually like the moving part of these games. Dont get me wrong I can sit lazily to play something like LA Noire or Gears of War, but I dont want to do that for hours. I like dancng, but I dont like going to the gym and exercising. My solution? The Dance Central series (because all the other ones are blah;)). LOL I've experienced the sensitivity within the Dance Central games and I really enjoy them. It's fun.

I think if they had incorporated it better it could have a fighting chance. There's some fun merits to it like swinging a sword or something. ... being able to kick, punch and slash would be fun.

I am very disappointed with the lack of games that use the Kinect for this kind of play. It seems a natural to me. We have found 1 game that does this: Rise of Nightmares. You get to stab and punch and kick creepy zombie-like creatures, swim, and climb via the Kinect. There should be more games like this.

I love playing the 'couch potato' games, like Assassin's Creed and Elder Scrolls games. And I also like the sports games with Kinect. Great for rainy days and energetic boys. They also get me moving when I just have 20 minutes or so and don't have time to go somewhere and do something active.

I wish that they would include more games with the system but it seems as if the people or should I say the game designers are not necessarily that interested in it simply because not everybody has the system. Is not necessarily something that every single Xbox user possesses so therefore making a game specifically designed for it is probably not gonna sell as well.

The Kinect has far more applications outside of gaming than it does inside gaming as this point. Future editions of the sensor, if created, could make gaming an even more immersive experience rather than the awkward experience the Kinect currently provides to most users.

Kinect sensor has lower precision and accuracy in terms of 2D mapping. Kinect also give us alternative way on controlling to play video games.