Is there an Xbox equivalent to MLB: The Show?

InvalidArmadillo

Registered
May 6, 2015
missouri
As you can probably tell from my avatar, I'm a huge baseball fan. I've been wanting to get back into modern gaming a little bit since I have a decent job now. Back in the day, I used to play RBI on the NES but I want a game from this season. One thing that would get me to buy a newer console is a good baseball game. I've heard people rave about how great The Show for Sony but I haven't heard anyone talk about the Xbox baseball games. Is there a game as good as The Show (or close to it) on Xbox?

I'm not entirely sure I wanna buy a PS4 since I'm fairly used to the 360 I inherited from a friend. Even if there isn't a game that is as good as The Show, is there an at least playable baseball game?

Honestly, the answer is no. MLB: The Show was the entire reason I purchased a PS3 and PS4. No other baseball game comes close, IMO. The MLB 2K series is unplayable in comparison. The last Xbox baseball game was MLB 2k13. There is nothing planned for release this year. Your best bet is to hope that EA can revive the MVP series.

Really? Wow, that seems like Microsoft is dropping the ball by not having at least something passable. I actually played 2k13 a lot because my old roommate used to have it. It's the only modern game I've played. I thought it was pretty fun but I wouldn't rave about it like I've heard people rave about The Show.

What makes it so much better? All I've really heard about the game was that the create-a-player mode was off the charts which is a big selling point to me.

Do you think it's worth getting a Playstation for? I don't have a current gen console yet so I'm not really tied down to anything. I just was inclined towards getting an Xbox ONE because I've had every other Xbox and never owned a Playstation.

If you wish to play any baseball games going forward on a next gen console, the only option is to buy a PS4. As of right now there are no definitive plans for any future baseball games to be released on the Xbox ONE. These days there are less and less exclusives and so MLB: The Show being a PS exclusive is what ultimately led me to buying a PS3/PS4.

The gameplay, graphics, physics, controls, realism, commentary and attention to detail is what makes the Show so good. The game is incredibly deep with a wealth of different game moods to choose from - the Road to the Show mode, which you mentioned, is addicting and worthy of the price tag alone.

Yeah, having the ability to update rosters for the current season is basically a dealmaker. Reliving past seasons is fun but it's kinda pointless to buy a new game if it's not the current teams. That basically sells the PS4 to me. I still can't believe Xbox isn't going to have an MLB game anytime in the near future.

What's your favorite mode? I definitely can see myself getting into the Road to the Show. Do you know if it has a GM mode where you run the team just making trades and stuff as in Out Of the Park Baseball?

Yeah, having the ability to update rosters for the current season is basically a dealmaker. Reliving past seasons is fun but it's kinda pointless to buy a new game if it's not the current teams. That basically sells the PS4 to me. I still can't believe Xbox isn't going to have an MLB game anytime in the near future.

What's your favorite mode? I definitely can see myself getting into the Road to the Show. Do you know if it has a GM mode where you run the team just making trades and stuff as in Out Of the Park Baseball?
Updated rosters are a must for me and the reason why I will happily buy each new iteration each year - same with FIFA. There are so few exclusives on either console these days but MLB: The Show being a PS exclusive was a big selling point to me.

Yes, the game has a GM mode. Though not as deep as Out of the Park Baseball (another of my favorite games), it is still a lot of fun, tremendously deep and for the most part trades are realistic.

I definitely need updated rosters. I usually try to do a more realistic play through and then a fantasy based one and I really need the updated rosters for that first option to work out. Buying a new game every year isn't really that big of a deal. I think you definitely persuaded me to get a PS4 for The Show though. It sounds awesome.

I didn't expect the GM mode to be as good as Out of The Park, I just thought it would be cool to play a GM mode on my TV instead of the laptop. Sometimes I don't wanna put forth the effort to actually play Out of the Park.

MLB: The Show is the best baseball game franchise today, and that's been the case since the original game came out. You're not going to find a similar experience on the 360 or One, which is a true shame. Microsoft should have secured the rights to a competitive baseball franchise that has nothing to do with 2K Games, but that's obviously not going to happen.

I wonder what the deal with 2k Sports is. I've always heard their basketball and college football games were good. I know baseball is completely different in terms of game dynamics but why not at least try to capture fans of one of the major sports especially if you're the only game on the console? I guess I haven't really looked up the demographics to see how big the baseball gaming market is but I'd assume it'd be somewhat substantial.

I wonder what the deal with 2k Sports is. I've always heard their basketball and college football games were good. I know baseball is completely different in terms of game dynamics but why not at least try to capture fans of one of the major sports especially if you're the only game on the console? I guess I haven't really looked up the demographics to see how big the baseball gaming market is but I'd assume it'd be somewhat substantial.
According to the NPD sales results for March, MLB: The Show was the sixth best selling game for the month. I do strongly recommend the game to anyone that is a fan of baseball and I have to give SCE credit for continually trying to improve the game each and every year so you are buying more than just a roster update.

I figured that new versions of The Show did a lot more than just roster updates. Roster updates were just the bare minimum of what I want out of a new baseball game. I did get to play it on my friend's PS4 though and I think it's the game I want. It seemed a lot more intuitive than 2k13 was so I guess I have to breakdown and get a PS4. Thanks for all of the advice.