Is the FIGHT NIGHT series over?

Like A Sir

Registered
Mar 8, 2015
I've been thinking about buying a gaming system, something I haven't done since the N64, and I'm a huge combat sports fan, so I was looking at those titles, and I've noticed that there hasn't been any Fight Night since 2011... The last one is for XBox 360....
Do you know anything about EA Sports making another one of these?
And for someone thinking about buying a PS4/Xbox One, what other titles are there? There's the UFC of course, and then what?

Thanks for your help guys!

There isn't a lot out there right now for realistic combat games, UFC might be the only thing I can think of.

I would love to see an awesome looking current gen Fight Night, but I'm not sure if the market demand is there. Boxing isn't what it used to be..

I've mentioned the fight night series in another post aswell.
I for one would love to see a return of this series, i know the rise of UFC and MMA have over shadowed boxing lately but look at the hype surrounding the next may weather fight, boxing is still a massive sport globally and I think it deserves at least one next gen game.
By the way, have you played the UFC game? Very poor in my opinion...

I agree, pwarbi. The UFC game was a disappointment. It is a shame that EA have decided to put the Fight Night series on the back burner in favor of UFC games. I can understand why, due to the popularity of UFC, but it is still disappointing none the less, especially as EA Sports UFC was so underwhelming. I am hoping that this may lead them to resurrect the Fight Night series in the very near future.

but look at the hype surrounding the next may weather fight, boxing is still a massive sport globally

I definitely want more Boxing content.
But those two fighter will be gone after that contest, and there will be nothing left.
Boxing promoter really have to do something drastic in order to shake things up.

By the way, have you played the UFC game? Very poor in my opinion...

No I haven't.
What's so bad about it?

Granted, boxing as a sport probably does need a bit of a shake up but I still think there call for a boxing game. When the fight night series was out there was a lot of people that played and enjoyed that game who weren't into boxing, it was was just a good game.

As for UFC, apart from it being an EA title so its nice and polished, the actual gameplay is pretty average to say the least. And the controls...well, that's probably the biggest challenge of the game.