Is the COD dynasty dying?

FlyFish998

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
I have dedicated hundreds of hours of my life to the glorious COD series. For quite some time, it dominated online multiplayer war games (sorry Halo fans). In my opinion, this period of time in video game history was fantastic! I followed the series all the way to Advanced Warfare.

I didn't even purchase the last two COD games. I had a child and now I feel completely out of the gaming loop. Is COD still as popular as it was then?

COD is still a popular series but hardcore fans and ranked COD players are having grievances with Advanced Warfare. If you're more of a casual player, then the COD you know and love is still there, and the run-and-gun, twitch reaction fun is still intact. If you haven't played the series in a while, try out Black Ops II before purchasing Advanced. I haven't played Advanced but I have heard both serious and casual players prefer Black Ops to Advanced Warfare, so give it a shot. Of course, Advanced does have interesting level design and jetpacks that let you navigate areas with ease, so you can still opt for that instead.

@guruproto Thank you so much for the advice! I have played Black Ops II and I really enjoyed it! But I haven't played Ghost or Advanced Warfare. I feel like how rapid everything changes that I will just be a complete noob again :p. Back then, as soon as a new COD game out, the old ones were quickly abandoned. The older online games became a place for hackers and noobs. Maybe the trend is changing because the newer COD games don't rank up to the older ones. Thanks for you response.

@MandyMarieB hahaha! That is great.

As far as I'm concerned, the dynasty has been dying for a while. Each installment has been getting blander, especially in terms of the single player mode. Starting with Ghosts, it seems like it's been the general consensus among the majority of gamers

I totally agree with you @Necrotica I feel like the hype for the games like Black Ops II and Modern Warfare were huge. I would go to the pre-order release at midnight and there were HUGE lines. I'm talking about looping the building and all. It was great!

But I just feel like Ghost's reviews have been subpar and the games have just been staying somewhat the same.

The series is still generating a lot of money and while it keeps doing so I don't think it will ever die. People may have got used to it more and so constantly expect the new release to blow the previous one out of the water, but with a FPS, I'm not sure there's a lot of scope to make each new game entirely different from the last one.

Reactions: FlyFish998
We are now in 2023 and I feel like at the moment, Call of Duty is very much lacking. They do not seem to take the time out that is needed to be able to bring new things to the game that will bring interest back, it always seems to be the same game with a few changes.

I have found that I have been burned out on Call of Duty since Black Ops 3 and that is never good for a franchise such as Call of Duty!