Is the AC: Wild World craze over? NOOOOOOOOOO...

cuinneas

Public Relations Manager
Registered
Oct 29, 2005
Vashon Island, WA
I am sensing that the ACWW craze is coming to an end. At least in the MyGamer world. This makes me sad. I am finding that even I have have started to play a couple of other games and am not paying as much attention to my town. How is it going for everyone else?

My gf is all over Wild World. Bought her the system and game just so she could play it and she loves it. A little too much because I don't get as much attention any more. =) Well, at least I still have my games to play, which are far too many.

i must admit, i was playing my AC everyday. but i havnt touched it in like 2 weeks because i needed to move on to other games. im afraid to turn it on now cuz there are gonna be tons of weeds and my neighbors prob all left. oh well, i plan on booting it up again at some point.

I find myself not needing to play for hours. I can turn it on for about 15 minutes... do a couple of chores, shake a couple trees, purchase needed goods and I am done. I try to at least log in everyday but I skipped about four at one point.

It's actually kind of fun to let your town go. I'm trying to get the rafflesia plant, so I want weeds. There's only one character in my town that I really care about too, so I actually like it when people move, so I can hopefully get better ones and teach them filthy catchphrases. So even if I only play once a week it's still fun.

BCampbell said:
It's actually kind of fun to let your town go. I'm trying to get the rafflesia plant, so I want weeds.

What is that odd plant you speak of? I haven't gotten to read a FAQ on AC yet, so I'm really in the dark about all the specials you can get...

I'm now a big fan of note-in-a-bottle though ^_^

The rafflesia is basically a giant weed, you get it if you have too many weeds in your town and you have to clear up all your weeds to get rid of it. Apparently your townsfolk complain about it and it brings your "town rating" down.

It is a real plant, in fact. Rafflesia are actually the largest flowers known. Because of their unique morphology and limited habitat, it's not known how much longer they will actually exist.

BCampbell said:
It is a real plant, in fact. Rafflesia are actually the largest flowers known. Because of their unique morphology and limited habitat, it's not known how much longer they will actually exist.

Cool, thanks, mate. You just saved me some internet searching ^_^. The fact that the rafflesia actually exists is pretty cool (wicked looking flower, no?? Good picture!), but not too surprising. I'm sure a lot of you already know videogames derive a lot of things from real life/lore. People used to write into Nintendo Power all the time going "OMGZZZZ, do j00 know this summon is teh name of this Nors3 g0d?! kewl!!!!" That's one way to tick me off real quick.

Iam in the process of getting the network set up at work/home. ( I live at work) I have to get a booster for the wireless set up.

aggggggh... I can't wait til my bday! I'm supposed to get that WiFi USB thingy Nintendo has. I have NO wifi access around here at all and am too broke to afford one right now -_- (wow, i'm whiny ^_^;;)
After May 23rd though, I'd like to be able to party with some of you guys. I'm trying to get the rafflessia plant as we speak, so my town is all scruffy-like.

My town's name is Koholint... if you can name the game its from (w/o cheating on Google, etc. :p) then you get a cookie ^_^ Chocolote chip.

Yay, good job. *hands choco-cookie*

One of my fave games ever. I read on gamefaqs if you name your town something like Hyrule or Zelda you can get special stuff in Redd's shop. Of course, I named my town before I knew that. :( And I wanted a Triforce for my room too.

Meggo the Eggo said:
Yay, good job. *hands choco-cookie*

One of my fave games ever. I read on gamefaqs if you name your town something like Hyrule or Zelda you can get special stuff in Redd's shop. Of course, I named my town before I knew that. :( And I wanted a Triforce for my room too.

Are you flippin' serious? That totally cheeses me. I would have totally named my town that. I WANT ZELDA SCHTUFF

Cuinneas--Hey that's just what GameFaqs said... I didnt test it myself. A kid in my class has a Triforce he got from Redd and he didnt name his town something Zelda-esque.

And btw, has anyone ever been hacked in AC? I found Wiki's article on Wild World and found some hacks/glitches I didn't know about. The "Museum Gate" glitch is especially kinda scary.

Wikipedia--diety of all Internet Information said:
On February 20, 2006, a GAME VIRUS threat made by some hackers started circulating around the Internet saying that they would go into people's towns on Wi-Fi and destroy them by turning their town gate into a museum, preventing any Wi-Fi play or destroying their towns, making it so they can not receive any special visitors, evict all neighbors, prevent new neighbors from moving in, and other threats, such as recklessly chopping down trees. These hackers can supposedly go to others' towns without knowing their friend code and wreak havoc. The integrity of this threat is debatable, as nobody really knows who started it. "prguitarman" of Livejournal has described a method to get rid of the museum gate glitch which involves destroying your town and moving to a new one.[1] The AnimalMap editor can be used to correct these problems, without destroying your town. Although, a more common act of present day hackers is to "hack" different items. By doing this, they are able to receive any item of their choosing, including the rare Mario Items which have partially been handed out for Nintendo Wi-Fi events by Nintendo. They then can sell these on Wi-Fi and make money. There is also a way using Wi-Fi to duplicate, or "dupe", items they already own, including money (Bells.)

Several users have reported that burying something too close to your town gate and saving the game can also cause the 'Museum Gate' glitch.

o_O And I thought I was being a smart@$$ surrounding my town gate with pitfalls...