Have you ever hacked/cheated in a game?

I have not, nor will I ever, cheated or hacked in a game. Its silly to me to have things like 'God Mode' enabled or to give yourself unlimited currency. Its more satisfying, in my opinion, to get through the game as best you can all on your own.

I remember playing Counter Strike with hacks ages ago. It used to really annoy people, and although I now know that ruining someone's game is definitely not a cool thing to do, 11 year old me found it hilarious how they'd shout obscenities and get so worked up over a game.

lol, if you were only 11 you had a good excuse, but you are right about the morality of it, we should play the game clean without hacks, but sometimes it's just stronger than us. :)

I'm addicted to modding and cheating whenever it comes to games. I think I've learned to accept my addiction to modding because of how often I play computer games. It's just too easy! I know the purpose of working for the goods, but receiving the benefits of them feels so much better! I've used aimbots, trainers, you name it. I'm a lame person, I don't deny it.

I can't be addicted to that because I've ruined a couple of games over it, I mean, I like the challenge, I don't like when things are too easy, that takes all the fun away from it.

Yeah I think making it easier by cheat is a way of lessening the intended experience. I only do it when I've already finished the game once so I will put on the cheats just out of curiosity on how they will work but I'd only ever do so on my second or third run of a game especially if I really like it.
I only do cloud of war type stuff because I just don´t like the mechanism. I would rather play on the hardest difficulty without cloud of war then play on an easier difficulty with cloud of war.

I think that everybody does cheat in games at some point when they are really desperate about completing a some sort of a level or to finish a mission or whatever it is in a certain game, but then that person isn't fully satisfied because he/she knows that a cheat for example a code has helped them.

I've used legal addons (mods) and I've looked up what some might call "cheats" (easier ways to do things, but I've only used legal ones). I don't see the point in actual cheating or hacking a game. I want to play the game not push an I WIN button.

Even though I'm not proud of it, yes. Just for the hell of it and to try what's so good about it. In CoD2, I downloaded an aimbot + wh combo and fired it up. I felt so dirty. Haven't cheated ever since, because I didn't enjoy it.

I am definitely not proud of it, but yes, I cheated in games before. I downloaded an aimbot and a wallhack and tore people up. I stopped though, because my friend, who did similar things had been VAC banned for it and I was afraid for my account.

I used to have a no-clip hack for planetside 2. I would get inside the walls of the enemy base and shoot people from there. Because I was inside a wall, nobody could retaliate or even see me. I would get 30 or more kills before I somehow died, then I would just respawn and do it all over again. I was banned the next day.

I also used to bot on a game called runescape. After seeing how much cheating ruins games, I really hate it. We have to live with it, though.

Depends. I admit that I've level botted in the past on a few MMOs, but that's generally because I hate re-leveling new characters and considering that I had to level on multiple servers, it was tedious and time consuming. To be fair I was raiding for multiple servers/guilds at the time and on the same class/spec that I already knew how to play. Whatever gold that was earned from leveling in the game went back into upgrades on things that wouldn't affect other players such as in game gold purchase-able mounts, leveling up mount speed, ect. By the time I finished leveling to max level with all mount speed purchases, the left over gold was like 50- barely anything. But I've never cheated with economy, farming, crafting or PvP/Dungeoning/Raiding. Those were things I did myself. I never got caught or banned because I wasn't doing things that would affect everyone else's gameplay. When I reached max level I geared my characters myself and was physically present to raid and build up personal resources.

I have no interest in letting a bot do everything for me. I still like the challenge of building up my own in game money, hunting for materials, leveling up crafts and collecting stuff. It's just MMOs get really really boring when leveling alt characters after knowing all the questlines, zones, ect in order to get to the end game stuff.

In regular games, never, because that ruins the fun. I've added mods that gave the game a new twist, but that was it. The mods were enough for me to be challenged by the new additions.

Not really. When I was a snotnose kid I guess I did but never really in the way where I ruined other peoples games online. I did on LAN with friends to piss eachother off.

I found out yesterday a CS friend was VAC banned from the recent VAC wave... So disappointed.

I remember using cheats for Grand theft auto san andreas infinite health and money and weapon cheat which made some missions easier to do and could battle a lot of people at once. I remember using cheats for, oddworld surprisingly it saved to memory card when other games would not do that and also Driver 1 and 2 made the cops go away in missions. I think sometimes the cheats are good to make some parts of the game a bit easier and even if used in god of war you would still find the puzzles real challenging to do in the game.

I have used cheat codes in the past in order to have an easier start while playing The Sims. For example, there is a simoleon (money) cheat code you can use multiple times to have a ridiculous amount of money available, making it easy to build a huge, custom house with all of the cool gadgets available. There are other cheat codes available to use as well, such as a cheat code for a sim to have multiple babies at once, like twins or triplets. Looking back on it now, it kind of seems silly as to why anyone would want to go through that level of stress, to have multiple babies to care for at once, but to each his own.

Reactions: Stay Puft
Definitely, but only a handful of times. Only if I can't beat a mission / boss, and I'm stuck on it for a long time because I just can't figure it out. Then I'll go online and look for cheats on how to get through it.

I'd imagine that most people would have cheated on a game before in their life, even if it's just a case of having a quick look online to see if there's any walk throughs for a particular part they're stuck on.

As for the actual hacking of the game, I think that would be less popular as not everybody will know where to start when it comes to doing that.

Back when I was a kid I always looked intensively for hacks and I remember toggling wallhack so professionally back in CS 1.6 in public servers and no one suspected a thing lol. And in SA-MP (San Andreas Multiplayer) the hacks at the beginning were very simple and easily detected because of the absurd powers they give their users (like godmode or flying or money hacks or ammo and weapon hacks) there was a mod called s0beit that everyone who ever played this game has probably heard of and very likely used themselves lol. Hilarious days. Later on even more professional hacks were created that were extremely hard to detect unless the user abused them.

I haven't as much as looked for hacks in the past few years though. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to take games seriously, but at the same time hates to ruin the experience for other people. I loathe hackers from all my heart.

The only time I did that was after I beat a game for the first time and Since I already know the story, I just want to have fun in the game. That only applies to single player games, though and ones that I personally paid for. Hell, if you buy a game and you aren't playing online, you should be able to do what you want in the game even if it goes into cheating. As long as you don't bring it online where you have to deal with other people, then it doesn't matter if you cheat or not.

The only times that I would use a cheat is when I had completed a game without first, or at least tried to.

I don't get why people would spend so much on a new game, and then play it using cheats to complete it in a matter of hours. I try and get my monies worth out of it before I look for the cheats.

I looooooooooove cheating in games, but not multiplayer ones. I'll pop on God mode, infinite health, infinite ammo, infinite money, infinite magic/mana, all that stuff, it's so much fun to be invincible and just go crazy in games, I can't help it!

But that being said, when it comes to multiplayer where cheating gives you an edge, I never have nor would cheat for fear of being banned. In fact I enjoy reading forum posts of people who've been banned on Xbox for cheating and them crying about it, lol. :)