have fun waiting in line

silent_storm said:
Finally an ad:
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/16/first-ps3-ad-a-big-3-spaceship-is-coming-to-get-you/

After you watch the video, try to answer these questions:

1) Why the hell do they use a kid, even though theyre trying to reach adults more than kids...or are they?
2) Why did the commercial have nothing to do with...anything...
3) Why do they use Spiderman font, Im sure a lot of people thought it was a Spidey 3 ad until the end.

Sorry...
The ad didnt make much sense to me...

Well, the systems has real pretty graphics and power, but no real launch title to show that people would get hyped about. But I think they were trying to be....... wait I don't what the f*%k they were trying.

Darth_Jonas said:
Homer is what carries the show, not Bart. The earlier years gave Bart's adventures the main focus and Homer was just someone for him to aggravate. Once they fleshed out the characters, Homer was the one they could actually do something with.

Homer, with out a doubt is carrying the show now. Like someone esle said if they can't grow or change in some way you'll run out of ideas sooner or later(and the simpsons was much much later). Regardless of all that they will always be great to me. Even if Family guy is taking over.

Yea The Simpsons are a cultrual iCON. The show can be viwed more as a never ageing Sit-Com than a animated show. I mean they have been on TV my entire lively hood.

I think at first it was a reflection of the social attitude towards parenting. Hence, Bart's lack of respect for authority figures made everyone laugh. IMO, that attitude has faded so they have to re-tool. Family Guy uses polital sattire and makes fun of current events. It's possible that that show will stay relevant (although I've never gotten into it).

I was in Hollywood Video last night. The store manager is a dude with more sugar in his blood than plasma. Very sweet guy. Well, anyways my wife makes fun of me because the dude is always extremely nice to me (she thinks he's flirting, but as long as there's no touching I don't care). Last night he was there and told me that HV will be selling the PS3. So you freaks with the money to burn can add another place to your list.