GTA 5 PS3 vs PS4

Al007

Registered
Nov 13, 2014
does anybody know what the difference is between the two consoles for GTA 5. I heard on the PS4, you can do first person mode. I also heard that their are some new add on's to the PS4, such as new side missions and new outfits. What I want to know the most is, are their any major changes between the two.

No, they are not changing much besides the first person mod, so rest assured. If you decide not buy it again, you are not going to miss out on a lot, except the first person experience.

No, they are not changing much besides the first person mod, so rest assured. If you decide not buy it again, you are not going to miss out on a lot, except the first person experience.

Plus the HUGE graphic improvement on PS4.

I dont know if the first person view is available on PS4 but from the short clip of it I've seen on PC it does seem very exciting and it's certainly a refreshing addition to the game. Also I agree with blubird, the graphics improvement looks great even though the PS3 version was already pretty good.

If you have a PS3 get on it, but if you have a PS4 i tell you...PS4 Version!!!

From all the game play videos I've seen of GTA 5, if I had a PS4, I would buy the game once more. The first-person mode is like playing in a whole new world and there are different actions implemented into the game play. I personally think it was great that Rockstar decided to make a first-person mode, because the third-person hinders me from accepting it as more than a game which the first-person mode does more to achieve this impression of naturalism.

They've got neon and contact lenses in online mode now. I think that's about it besides the first person mode and more animals. That's about it. Nothing else is really major.

You're joking, right? The PS4/Xbox One version of GTA V comes with dozens of changes and planned changes. The graphics are improved with better textures and far superior draw distances. The environment is more filled out with more fauna, more people, more cars, and more going on on-screen at once. 30 players can now jump into a GTA Online session, and there are new vehicles added to the game.

In single player, you're going to get new missions, new races, and new events. More collectibles have been added to the game, and certain exclusive content is available.

Not missing out on a lot?

I just got this on PS4 and it's been awhile since I played it on PS3 but I can't really see much of a difference, very slight differences here and there. However, I no longer use my PS3 and never finished GTA 5 which is why I picked it up on PS4 again, as I normally don't 'double dip' unless the game was a near-masterpiece like The Last of Us. :)

I wouldn't say there's enough of a difference between the two to warrant another purchase if you've already played through or beat most of the PS3 version. If debating between the two, just spend the extra cash on the upgraded version, I think the graphics are enough to warrant paying a bit more.

I wouldn't say there's enough of a difference between the two to warrant another purchase if you've already played through or beat most of the PS3 version.

This sums it up. There's a few differences but outside of the first person view everything else is just graphical. There aren't new mechanics, missions or anything else major. There's just a few minor things like cats in addition to dogs.

Another key difference is that in the PS4 version, RockStar have hidden a new mini game experience called Peyote Plants. There are 27 of them hidden all over Los Santos.

Each one allows the player to turn into a different creature from the game. For instance, the peyote plant found underwater will allow you to enjoy your time as a hammerhead shark, swimming around and up gobbling swimmers until you are injured. Being injured returns you to the normal campaign, where you can go off and search for others!

Other animals include Dogs, Cats, Eagles, Hawks and other swimming creatures!

Straight out of the box, the only difference between the ps3 and ps4 version's are the first person mode and obviously the improvement in the way it looks. The story line and the way the game plays is the same on both systems. Obviously, as time goes on I'd be expecting rock star to be announcing some downloadable content, new mission etc so the ps4 is definitely worth investing in if you haven't done so already.