Gamestop Overloaded with Xbox Games

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
I went by the local gamestop today, and they have TONS of original Xbox games for sale. I am talking bins and shelves completely jam packed. Lots of PS2 games sitting around as well. They are going to have to have mad sales to move some of that inventory. Be on the look out for cheap games coming soon.

I think it is funny that right after i mention this, i have seen an ad at Gamestop, advertising that many old games are going to be like 50% in the coming summer months. keep your eye out. :butthead:

Hey thanks for the tip, will be lookin out for those classics that slipped through, i.e. too expensive at the time ;).

The one close to my apartment lacked in the good ones. They were overloaded with all the "low quality" games (i.e. the ones EVERYONE hated/didn't like)

I have no idea how Gamestop makes money off those super old titles that no one wants. like, what did they do with all those PS1, N64, ,GB, and Dreamcast games years ago? eBay? did they bury them in the desert?

Spudly's list of games he thinks you should get on the Xbox (which they're likely to have) that you probably don't own:

Guilty Gear XX #Reload
Ultimate Spider-Man
King of Fighters 2002/03 or King of Fighters Neowave
Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection
Otogi: Myth of Demons 1/2*
Morrowind
Chronicles of Riddick
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO*
Panzer Dragoon Orta

*-Don't think it's available on the 360

SquallSnake7 said:
I have no idea how Gamestop makes money off those super old titles that no one wants. like, what did they do with all those PS1, N64, ,GB, and Dreamcast games years ago? eBay? did they bury them in the desert?

I personally think they consolidate them to a few locations and use ebay stores to get rid of them. Not 100% sure but it would make sense.

Has anyone downloaded the Xbox Originals yet. I got Stubbs and Psychonauts, but sadly I don't have the time to play them. I'm thinking about getting Jade Empire too, but I won't be able to get to that one for a while also.