Game recommendations

etali

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
www.myth-games.com
Just got an XBox

I'm a devout PS2 fan, but I picked up an XBox pre-owned recently purely because it was dirt cheap - well, that and I want to try Fable and Jade Empire.

What other games would you recommend? Preferably exclusive XBox ones.

Also, has anyone played Project Zero 2 on the Xbox - how different is the Directors Cut version to the one that was on the PS2?

Thanks in advance.

well its hard to say just xbox titles that you can not also get on ps2
I only had my xbox for a little time but Ill list the ones I like.

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from butcher bay.
Phantom Dust: You are going to want to have xbox live for this game on do system link.
Halo 2 is a given.
Jet Set Radio Future is an old school xbox game but its still fun.
X-men legends...although I think that is on ps2 as well.
Unreal Championship 2 just came out...and from the demo I played it seems awsome..

Ill post more if I can think of some more.

One of my personal favorites is Breakdown, if you can stand the first half of the game it get's really good afterwards, oh and KOTOR is obvious

KOTOR 1/2, Halo 1/2, Otogi: Myth of Demons, Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors, Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind GOTYE (definitely a must-buy), Robotech: Battlecry, Gun Valkyrie, Sudeki and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Reply to: cpettit:

I can't believe no one has said Ninja Gaiden, but, uhhh, Ninja Gaiden. And I totally concur with Chronicles of Riddick...just awesome.
i was about to say this game to, this game was awesome, cant wait for the new one.

Crimson Skies is half way decent. You get it for free if you buy the Xbox Live 1-Year package too.

Someone already posted it, but I would have to say Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. Fantastic game, I loved it. Also try X-Men Legends.

spudlyff8fan said:
Congratulations. You are the only person in the world who thinks that.
And here is your prize, Oh it's Peter Molyneux, and he's going to go personally to your home and slap you with his pimp hand, let us know how you like it, that would be funny, damn! you didn't like fable, well I always thought halo was overrated, hey wasn't there some big anti halo feelings on these ol' posts around the time halo 2 dropped, I know old mygamer member saintbastard despised this series

Hey, Halo is some quality stuff. While Bungie admittedly left Halo 2 with essentially the same controls and gameplay, the original system was good enough that they couldn't have really added much that would've enhanced it considerably. They also didn't even end up including all the features they promised, like seven different warthogs. However, it is still a great game.

The maps are all good. Some are just better suited for different things...which is why they have Map Default settings and suggested numbers of players.

I dunno about Saintbastard, though. I was just thinking he was trying to be different...all going against the grain but it smacked of effort.

Andre3k said:
By the way...Fable sucked..

Ok, honestly Fable wasn't that bad. I mean there were just a couple of things that pissed me off. For one, I waited the entire time to get the best sword in the game, which was the Aeon sword and then I couldn't even use it for anything useful, it was like " Hey, ok cool, I killed my sister and now look I have a cool sword." Lame that's all I can say about that. Also, last boss fight, you could kill the guy with the crapiest bow. Lame as well. Besides that, I had fun.

kurruption said:
when you beat the game and restart with your saved game data you start off with the Aeon sword

:eek:What?! I am stupid. I didn't even know that. Damnit, now I need to go back and buy it to play it with the Aeon sword. Unless of course it isn't even that badass with it. By the way, I'd like to say that X-Men legends is just a fantastic game. I went and rented it last night. Yes rented, I know I'm lame. But yeah, its a great game.

you only played it for one (1) night and your goin to say its great :kilroy:
come on you know you have to play a game for a minimum of 24 hours before youcan state that a game is great dammit :stop: