Game Guidance?

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
I'd like to solicit your opinions, if I may.

I'm trying to get my fiancee interested in video games (she's picking up a copy of Madagascar, as I type this -- that's the kind of game she likes, but have a sneaking suspicion I'll be very bored with it).

I want to find a game for PS2 that's not conventional (i.e. doesn't appeal to the stereotypical gamer) and can be played by more than one player.

Any suggestions? Oh, and no sports games.

Lemme start by suggesting the game that everyone loves but me but everyone will suggest...

We Love Katamari.

I'd suggest Devil May Cry 1, because its control sceme is relatively easy...but it might not work out for a Madagascar fan. Maybe Dynasty Warriors, also. But both of those are pretty mainstream. How about the Ape Escapes and Monkey Balls? Or even Lego Star Wars.

I'd like to try to sell her on Ape Escape. They look really fun and I think she'd like them. She's a famous poo-poo-er of stuff she hasn't tried, though, so it's tough to get her to try something she thinks she won't like.

I have a feeling I'll have more success with the revo games next year. They'll be designed to bridge the gaps between gamers like me and normal folk like her.

you might try some of the simpler puzzle games. they can be addictive. once she's hooked, then you are home free. my wife started there, and now she tears through some racing games.

it's been so long that I've forgotten, but there were games like Myst (I think) or even simpler puzzles in the same genre as tetris. I will look around and see what I can find. Getting your girl into games is a great idea, though. Until she hogs your system. Then it sucks.

Pick up Adventures of Cookie and Cream for PS2. it is a GREAT game to play with two players. it is also a great game to play with a person new to games. it is co-op at its finest. the controls are simple as hell, but the gameplay is still really fun. in fact, it is one of the very few games to allow two players to play using one controller. the Vs mode is also pretty damn fun.

Serious man, pick up this game. you can find for under $20.00. if i would rate this game right now, i would give it like a 9/10.

How about:

Guitar Hero- with a little practice it can be very fun
Prince of Persia- not that many button comands in the first one
Indigo Prophecy- simple controls, great story
Mark of Kri- simple controls
Okami- whenever it finally comes out

I'm in the same situation! I know these games are great 2 player games that I play with my fiance:

- Guitaroo Man
- Adventures of Cookie and Cream
- Baldur's Gate Dark Alliace I & II
- Wrecked - The Yakuza Missions
- Bomberman Kart
- Project Eden
- Worms Armageddon
- Contra
- DDR Max 2
- Ape Escape
- Amplitude
- Katamari 1 & 2

I got her Sonic Heroes yesterday. She was very excited. She likes it a lot, apparently. I played for a few minutes. It was not too bad.

I still want to get Adventures of Cookie and Cream. It looks really fun!