Freedom Wars, has anyone played it yet?

thepieeatingjay

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
If anyone doesn't know, Freedom Wars has just released on the PS Vita. It's a great game considering what I've played so far. Many people like to say the system doesn't have games. But it does and this is a good one. And for those of you that are rpg fans, this game can certainly suit your needs.

I picked this up Saturday morning and I like it so far. It's pretty neat. So far I've found I really like dragging an enemy down and then jumping on it to hack it's limbs off.

I picked the London Panopticon because it's the closest to where I live. If anyone feels like playing any time my PSN is Tuimic. I don't know if you need to be in the same Panopticon's to play together, I doubt it though because that would be incredibly silly to split the player base up so much.

I've put around 40 hours into Freedom Wars so far, its better than I expected. I wasn't going to buy it, but people I knew kept egging me on and I kept seeing so much about it so I succumbed to the hype train and scooped it up.

I like it way more than Soul Sacrifice, but I'm unsure if its actually better. There are clear, marked differences. Freedom Wars is insanely easy in comparison. Soul Sacrifice has a much, much better story easily by a 1,000x magnitude. Etc.

In the end Freedom Wars is an above average game everyone should play, its priced lower than normal, presumably to try and spur on sales, and worth every penny.

I don't know if you need to be in the same Panopticon's to play together, I doubt it though because that would be incredibly silly to split the player base up so much.

You have the option to limit yourself to players only of your region, I assume for people who wish for better latency. There is no requirement to be in the same 'Con unless you want to though.

I bought this the day it came out. I haven't played it yet though. My Vita backlog is just too big. It looks wicked fun though!

I bought this the day it came out. I haven't played it yet though. My Vita backlog is just too big. It looks wicked fun though!

What game(s) are you playing to not have given it a go yet?

What game(s) are you playing to not have given it a go yet?

At the time I was playing through Sword Art Online. Right now I'm playing Pokemon Omega Ruby and I just bought Persona Q to my backlog pile. It is ever growing....

At the time I was playing through Sword Art Online

I just bought this since it was on sale for like 50% off with PS+, going to give it a go sometime today. Any tips you would wish to enlighten me with?

I just bought this since it was on sale for like 50% off with PS+, going to give it a go sometime today. Any tips you would wish to enlighten me with?

Be ready for a long ride. Other than that it does a good job explaining itself.

Edit: Also if you aren't already familiar with the SAO universe there might not be a lot for you here..

Last edited:
Edit: Also if you aren't already familiar with the SAO universe there might not be a lot for you here..

That's unfortunate. I've never watched the Anime nor do I really want to. I'll still give it a shot though, it does seem interesting. I can probably learn to love it.

That's unfortunate. I've never watched the Anime nor do I really want to. I'll still give it a shot though, it does seem interesting. I can probably learn to love it.

How much I like the anime was a big part of why I kept with it. You "only" need to watch the first 13-14 episodes of the anime to get to when the game takes place. I think it is on Netflix, so it can be watched legally on the cheap if you wanted to.. I'm really not sure how much of the game I even would have understood without it.

I'm really not sure how much of the game I even would have understood without it.

I've been playing it for a while, I don't really feel out of the loop on anything and I'm cool with not understanding everything if something comes up.

O being Confirm and X being canceled is making me all kinds of ticked off.

The game is fairly Engrishy, but manageable.

I dislike the complicated battle stuff, so I'll just play it until I have to start using all those special skills to win and such.

All around decent game, feeling like I'm well on my way to my money's worth.

O being Confirm and X being canceled is making me all kinds of ticked off.

It brings back all sorts of PS1 memories in that way.

The game is fairly Engrishy, but manageable.

I forgot all about that! In the first maybe 10 hours I took some great screen shots of all the great engrish. I eventually got to a point where I just played and got used to it though.

It brings back all sorts of PS1 memories in that way.

I never played PS1, so no good memories for me. :(

I forgot all about that! In the first maybe 10 hours I took some great screen shots of all the great engrish. I eventually got to a point where I just played and got used to it though.

The Engrish is a pretty big deal for some people, lots of said people were demanding refunds from Sony's Customer Support calling the game unplayable because of it.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song is confirmed to have a better localization both in terms of budget and text, so that's something to look forward to.

I never played PS1, so no good memories for me. :(

The Engrish is a pretty big deal for some people, lots of said people were demanding refunds from Sony's Customer Support calling the game unplayable because of it.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song is confirmed to have a better localization both in terms of budget and text, so that's something to look forward to.

People requested refunds for that? It didn't make the game unplayable by any means. At worst it was a slight annoyance, at best it is good for a giggle or two.

People requested refunds for that? It didn't make the game unplayable by any means. At worst it was a slight annoyance, at best it is good for a giggle or two.

People requested it and actually got it when they were persistent enough. It was quite amusing to watch people complain about it, a couple weeks afterwards there were half of people complaining and the other half enjoying it.

It's sold remarkably well and a sequel is on the way, so it seems the naysayers won the battle and lost the war.

Somewhat repetitive but a blast of a game. I wasn't a great fan of the Anime style but I totally got used to it.