FINAL FIGHT-SNES

ghostgardener

Registered
May 7, 2015
California
Man I loved the side scrolling beat 'em up games of the late 80's Double Dragon and Bad Dudes. Final Fight was the next generation of those games and it was a diamond in the rough for Capcom amid a lot of great SNES titles that came out during the early 1990's. It had all the main ingredients needed for a beat 'em up which include vigilantes, a gang of street thugs, and usually a kidnapping or revenge plot in the works. Final Fight delivers on all 3 and still stands the test of time and is still a tough beat. The side scrolling masher basically used the same fighting engine as the Street Fighter and it worked well and is still one of my all time favorite video games ever made for any system.

1289808639.jpg

Reactions: dillinger10
Much like yourself, I always had a soft spot for side scrolling beat 'em ups. For my money, Final Fight is one of the more underrated and under appreciated classics. Did you ever play Final Fight Gold Championship Edition? If not, I highly recommend it.

This game was also ported to the GBA. It was launched during the launch window of the system, an early release. Wasnt really that good if I remember correctly. Capcom just ported it because I am sure they were able to get it out the door quickly.

Oh man, my boyfriend just got this game for his phone. I had SNES, but my parents didn't want me playing anything violent as a kid, so I missed out on this one. I think I'm going to download the mobile version, though, so the BF and I can beat up people together. Maybe I'll make up for my dull childhood a bit...