Favorite video game music?

My favorite soundtrack is from an obscure PS1 game called Jade Cocoon. The game itself is amazing, but I absolutely love the folk and new age elements of the music

My favorite isn't actually very old, it's an XBLA title called "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". Very fun retro beat 'em up.
I haven't played this game, but I do follow Anamanaguchi, and yes, this game's soundtrack was truly awesome.

The best game soundtrack for me is probably the one for The Last Blade 2, an obscure 2d fighting game from the late 90s. That or the Ikaruga OST.

Kingdom Hearts, for sure. I mean, even the menu music is stunning.

But I also enjoy some of the old 8bit tracks of my childhood! Mario, Ducktales, Maniac Mansion... I have quite a few of those as my various ringtones on my phone!

My favorite videogame music is and will always be from that 16-bit NES game City Connection. It's just so catchy. It might sound like elevator music, but I do find it melodic as hell. Mappy would be a close second in my opinion. I know both games are for videogame newbies, but we are talking about the music here.

Generally anything by Yasunori Mitsuda. Nobuo Uematsu has great stuff, don't get me wrong, but I'm honestly kinda tired of the VGM fanbase acting like he's the SOLE composure in the industry. Jeremy Soule's hit and miss with his stuff but when he hits, it's freaking amazing.

Yasunori is severely underrated in the industry despite the fact that people laud the Chrono series and yet know nothing about him- it's pretty sad. He's been a huge part of the RJPG VGM scene and has for the most part helped revolutionize it to what it is today. He's the one that started Square's trend of using ballads in their games. Personally I think that Xenosaga 1 was the pinnacle of all of his musical work considering its sheer ambitiousness. I mean come on, London Philharmonic and Metro Voices?

I think my favorite video game music is the plants vs zombies because it sounds creepy and very trouble some. It makes me feel extremely excited everytime I will hear the background music. It is really unique because not all people will certainly love it. It is one of my all time favorite soundtrack because it is very attractive.

Whenever I'm asked this question, my answer is always Oblivion's soundtrack, hands down. There's something about it that really struck a chord with me when I was playing the game on my Xbox during high school. Anymore it has such a nostalgic feeling for me, and just listening to it makes me want to pick the game back up again!

One of my favorite parts about playing old school games is the music. Plenty of classic old school games have super great music. My favorite isn't actually very old, it's an XBLA title called "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". Very fun retro beat 'em up.

How about you?

I'm mostly comfortable listening to heavy metal music whenever I'm playing action packed video game. The energy in the music helps me put myself in a kick ass mood and I would beat the holy hell out of my opponents and enemy combatants. I can remember my good playing days with Frontline commando war mission game with one man army squad. Heavy metal music keeps me trigger happy and quick.

I also love the sound track music of the Marvel vs Capcom arcade games because they are very lively that makes it more attractive to play the game. The sound track of it increases my adrenaline rush to go for more gaming power throughout the day. It is really perfect for those action or arcade gamer because of its unique and very amazing sound track. I really feel more motivated to play a certain game if it has an interesting sound track that will not you feel bored from having it. I highly recommend this to anyone out there.

i always love listening on piano music. It always make me calm and relax. " Melodies of Life" from final fantasy ix and "Promise" ( Reprise) from Silent Hill are my most favorite video game soundtrack. I can feel it's emotion and lovely to hear.

Some game soundracks will never cease to amaze me, i have downloaded the ones i love the most and i'm listening them often more that other, regular music. Game music composers really did an outstanding job on creating the perfect melodies for the given games and making them complete that way.

My favorite game music/game soundtracks are from:

World of Warcraft-this game really has the most amazing melodies.. Lament Of The Highborne, Nightsong, Burning Steppes, Way Of The Monk songs are beautiful beyond words..
Dreamfall and Dreamfall Chapters with various beautiful and mostly sad songs..
Tomb Raider has awesome ambient music which suits the places Lara is visiting really well!
Vampire the Masquerade-Bloodlines-using some popular gothic metal songs and having a beautiful composed ones on its own..
Witcher with those superb slavic and folk melodies.
Silent Hill-music is beyond good and suits the game atmosphere so well..
and League of Legends has some good music too. :)

Some videogames soundtracks are just amazing that even when I don't play the game I just sit with the soundtrack,it relaxing that way. Some games soundtracks I enjoyed are doom,assassin creed,final fantasy series,most Nintendo games and bang.I enjoy them a lot.