Favorite video game music?

I will never forget the music on Circus Charlie on the NES. I could never pass the trapeze level though so I hated that game. Hehe

Criminally overlooked is the incredible main theme of Slipheed. Particularly the MS-DOS version (the one I played and still own) was amazing in all its MT-32 glory. The game itself was an awesome shoot 'em up, tight controls and very nice art direction.

As a runner up I may mention another overlooked composition, the Hero Quest theme (the one that Gremlin made). Again, I am particularly referring to the MS-DOS version.

Pound for pound top 3 videogame soundtracks:

Grim Fandango - It's so awesome, I have actually downloaded this into my mp3 player.

The Neverhood - Just because it's so trippy.

Civilization 1 - This is one those "it's so bad, it actually becomes super awesome".

(Ken's Theme!)

(Guile's Theme!)

Now onto my kick:

Y U SO CATCHY GERUDO VALLEY!? I know man. It's an earrrrrworm!

Zeldaaa moooosic.

64 Music too OP.

Oh my, that's easy; the Fifa Soundtrack! I have the entire soundtracks for 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15! They're so retro, and sometimes they feature new artists and then they blow up. Fifa let me know about Foster The People before 'Pumped Up Kicks', and they also showed me artist like Nico and Vinz. Overall I think they're always very well put together and have a nice vibe.

As far as old games go, I really get into the music from all the Mario games, I also enjoy listening to the music from Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega) and the music from Pink Panther Goes to Hollywood. When it comes to new games I really like the music from Skyrim, it's all wonderful. While I don't personally like wrestling games, the WWE music is not half bad either.

All the Pokemon games, up to Platinum, (I have not played further generations) had amazing music. For example, the gloomy and simple music that made you feel uneasy from Lavender Town in the original games. In Platinum, the music was the best. People can argue, but it's my opinion.
Every single game had music that if you heard you could probably guess the town.
For some reason, Flora Town (I think that's what it's called) from Platinum was my favorite. I remember getting the Shaymin and going back there to get the flower for whatever the other version of was.
There were many games with great music, this is my opinion, if you agree that's great, if not don't hate. (That rhyme was unintentional.)

So, does anyone know how I would go about getting some of my own music into some games? I must have about 60 music tracks in total which I wrote and produced myself - all of them waiting to have something done with them. Anyone got any ideas?

I've been cranking some Journey to Silius tunes recently (Stage 1's music is sooo good). Just listen:

How is this not awesome?

And another game with a kick-ass soundtrack (in stereo, too!) - Batman (NES):

Currently playing thru Hotline Miami 2, and gotta say, that game has a kickass soundtrack.

Also, I remembered Skullgirls was the first OST I actually got to listen to casually.

Pretty much the only video game music I listen outside of games is Halo. Halo's music is well done and just gives me a chill feeling, so I listen to it outside of the game on a regular basis. I don't do it with any other game, as I don't enjoy other game soundtracks nearly as much as Halo's.

I might be a little old fashioned saying this, but I really did love the pac man theme tune! It is just such a classic sound and I still love it to this day! There are a few that I like, but nothing beats the old classics!

There are a lot of games with great soundtracks out there like the Skyrim and the CIv series. The oldest one that I can remember and stick to me the most would probably be Top Gear and Heroes of Might and Magic 3

My favorite soundtrack on a video game would have to go to Ocarina of Time. Every time I hear any track from that game it brings back so many memories. They're so catchy and I enjoyed them a lot as a child. Also Majoras Mask is a favorite. They have basically the same songs as OOT but remixed. Still very nice :D

My favorite Video game music is the Friends from Final Fantasy Album which is a compilation of various songs mostly by Nobu from the final fantasy series. The melodies that man writes pull at your heart strings and are so beautiful words cannot describe them.

Some of my favorite game soundtracks include: Shadow Hearts 2, FFX, Chrono Cross, and Xenosaga. A lot of the songs I like from video games are background music without vocals, but I do like a some with vocals. I still listen to all the old game songs on my Ipod to this day.

There are so very many game soundtracks that I could list in this thread!

In the 8-bit era, I particularly enjoyed the music for the Mega Man, Super Mario Bros, and The Legend of Zelda series. The music for Batman, Battletoads, Journey to Silius, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game all on the NES also stand out.

In the 16-bit era, I thoroughly enjoyed the music for Super Metroid, Super Castlevania IV, and the Sonic the Hedgehog games. I was also quite impressed by how well Green Jelly's straight up rock 'n roll soundtrack for Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage was captured by the SNES--truly demonstrating how advanced its sound capabilities was! (Although that being said, there was an at times particular synthy character to the Sega Genesis' sound that sometime the SNES couldn't quite emulate. Just compare both consoles version of Earthworm Jim.)

After the 16-bit era, the later console's musical capabilities really took off and I love how orchestral modern game music can be!