Favorite Nintendo DS game.

Chen

Registered
Dec 5, 2014
My favourite has to be "Rune Factory 3." I fell in love with this game 2 months ago and would play for 12 hours straight (with bladder and meal breaks, of course.) A friend of mind introduced this game to me and he says that it's a farming game similar to the harvest moon games I played and loved when I was in high school. But, it has added features like adventures, quests and my favorite, monster bashing and collecting monster items. I finished this game in just 5 days. It would have been finished earlier, If it wasn't for work and all. What's your favorite game in Nintendo DS?

I would have to say Pokemon HeartGold. I was a huge fan of Pokemon Gold, so when I saw they were remaking the game, I was ecstatic.

Reactions: Chen
I've played mario kart DS a lot, creating custom levels and playing custom roms released on dshack.org though I think my favourite game/series would be professor layton. The great story in combination with a lot of puzzles made me always happy after playing the game, and I've solved all the games (expect for layton vs phoenix wright since that's not really from the same series)

Pokemon is the sole reason why I bought a DS, I've played every generation since FireRed. I really liked Pokemon Black/White since it added a lot more storyline and character depth compared to the previous installments. Also the graphics were greatly improved with more emphasis on 3D.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
It's gotta be Pokemon Black/White 2. Spent so many hours on it, engaged by the story and all new kinds of Pokemon. Even now I still play it regularly. So in essence, is probably my most played DS game out of them all and favorite to boot.

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin, I just love the sidescrolling games in the series. The more recent 3D games seen on console are alright, but can't compare to 2D iterations in my opinion, the bosses are awesome, graphics pleasant and the mix of action and rpg elements make you feel like your character is really getting stronger after each encounter.

This screams "wrong section". Get yer Nintendo lovin' souls out of the Vita section!

On topic, the Pokemon series was what I enjoyed most on the DS. No one in particular.

My favorite DS game probably has to be Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns. I've been a fan of the series for a very long time and this title brings cool new features to the series such as carts, food contests and aqueduct farming. Not to mention an old friend of mine got me into this game for the DS, so I hold it near and dear to my heart. :)

My Favorite is Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. If you haven't tried playing it, watch these amazing game review of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and perhaps you might like it as well.

Here's an Amazing Review of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch:

I loved New Super Mario Bros. and the Chrono Trigger port. There was something about being able to play that great RPG on the go.

I know it's a clichéd choice, but New Super Mario Bros. is still my favorite DS game. Such platforming bliss, and so much personality in its presentation.

For me it was Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I have loads of great memories from playing those games, and they were some of the first that I got for my DS so I guess those memories play into it as well. It's part of what started my real love for all things Pokemon as well.

I love Pokemon games, so of course they are on top of my list, with the ones I enjoyed the most being Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.