Favorite N64 games

CemeteryGates23

Registered
Oct 17, 2015
Many of us grew up with the N64 and have very fond memories of it, enjoying some solo time or having a blast with friends. Regardless, most of us will have played many of this console's games and remember some as our best experiences of the time.
What are yours? :D

While I have always prefered the older Super Nintendo System to the Nintendo 64 console, I must admit that there were some Nintendo 64 games I would play quite frequently. One Nintendo 64 game I played the most frequently was Starfox. Although I was not very good at it and I die not make it very far, it was still fun nonetheless.

I played quite a few N64 games before the system died out, but the ones that still stand out are:
  • Mario 64. It's still fun. I also had the special privilege to be one of a few kids to play it before it got translated and released in the west, 'cause I went to a special N64 event. Got all the way up to the first Bowser battle before I was forced to stop playing by one of the attendants. Luckily the goals were obvious enough that reading Japanese was not a prerequisite for playing.
  • StarFox 64. Out of the single-player experiences, I think I enjoyed StarFox most. I must've played through the campaign in a variety of different ways dozens of times. I credit this game for my above-average skill in flight sims, even if a lot of it was on rails.
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. I didn't play it nearly as much as StarFox, but damn was it fun.
  • Goldeneye 007. Multiplayer. Friends. After school. All the time. Oh man.
  • Mario Kart 64. This pops to mind more because my parents played it for almost a decade after I'd given up. They could whup anyone rather easily.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Ocarina of Time was a lot of fun, but I enjoyed Majora so much more. The time twisting mechanics were awesome.

My favorite N64 game in a landslide was Goldeneye 007. For my money, this is still the best Bond game ever released. By a wide margin. It is incredible to think that the multi-player gameplay was only added at the last minute. Goldeneye 007 brings back so many fond memories.

Other favorite N64 games include Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, F-Zero X, Wave Race 64 and Super Smash Bros. Looking back, the N64 had some incredible multi-player games.

At the time, during my bad old junior high school days: I switched over from Nintendo to Sony's PlayStation after the SNES and never actually owned a N64 myself (as I sadly couldn't afford both). However, I played a fair amount of N64 at the homes of friends and families and much later in life re-discovered some of its games via emulators.

As such, my list of favourite N64 games is quite short but sweet: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, StarFox 64, and StarCraft 64.

Super Smash Bros was without a doubt my favorite. I remember playing that game non-stop and almost fainting from blowing on the cartridge trying to get it to work. I also loved Mario Cart. my mom and I would play all the time, and I loved spending time with her. Madden 64 as well. I played that non-stop some days and I would be forced to get off just so I could do my homework. I wish I could back in time and do it all over again.

Super Mario 64 by far. I don't know whym but I could never stop playing that game. I guess it was just the way it was so... open! Player the DS version of the game brought bag so many memories, I haven't had fun like that in a long time.

Super Smash Bros.! I've had a ton of fun playing that with my friends. It's so rad to play with four people. Mario Kart was my all time favorite as a kid. I ended up becoming a beast at that game until the cartridge broke. RIP best game ever. Multiplayer on Goldeneye is also a ton of fun. I think some of the funniest moments i've ever had on the 64 though was with Mario Party. The ultimate lose your friends game! We made a drinking game out of it, it's sick.

For me, personally, these are my favorites:

-Conker's Bad Fur Day. Probably the videogame I've played the most hours in my life, wish it had a counter. Multiplayer with friends was a blast we'd often have, but I was on it all the damn time, replaying the story mode but mostly playing against AI bots on multiplayer. Wish more current games had multiplayer AI bots.
-Perfect Dark. Pretty much the same as Conker, but I played it much less (still probably several hundred hours throughout so many years), it's still very dear to me and I still play the Xbox 360 HD remake relatively often.
-Majora's Mask. I was the only kid I knew who never owned Ocarina of Time (though I borrowed and beat it a few times), so it was Majora's Mask for me. It actually took me several years to beat, but every time I went through a timeline was an absolute delight. Timeless games, those two Zeldas.
-Paper Mario. I must've gone through this game a couple dozen times. Never tired of it. An excellent RPG, so sadly overlooked by many people. It's an absolute classic in my eyes, and I'm very glad it's on the Wii U's eShop nowadays.
-StarFox 64. Never owned it, but I would borrow it as much as friends would lend it to me. I loved that game, beat it going through all possible paths so many times! No other flight-sim has ever come close for me.
-Battletanx: Global Assault. My other multiplayer go-to game. Several hundred hours through several years, it provided many evenings' entertainment for me and my friends. It's a real shame there's nothing like it anymore. I'm fairly sure if it were to enjoy an HD remake, a ton of people would see it for what it is and go out and buy it.

Donkey Kong 64 is a must.
There's also:

-Golden Eye: One of the best multiplayer games I've played, it was so much fun. It is still better than a lot of games out there.
- Pokemon Stadium: Was a big Pokemon fan at one point. I love using my own Pokemon to fight with.
-Pokemon Snap: I always loved photography, so taking pictures of Pokemon as fun.
-Hey you, Pikachu: A bit difficult but still fun. Had to buy a mic for the game but it was so enjoyable. Seemed more realistic in a way.

well I only have a few games with my Nintendo 64, and the games I always like to play in my Nintendo 64 is Mario 64, because it is the first Mario ever made 3D, starfox I liked to fly spaceship with my friends , goldeneye 007 the james bond movie games that has story mode and multiplayer versus mode and Zelda's majora"s mask.