Fantasy Football kicks off!

spudlyff8fan

Super Senior Staff
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
somewhere
Once again, the fantasy football season has come down upon us. After the relative success of last season (since half of the people who played it actually played it to the end), we're gonna have a second Mygamer Fantasy Football league. The setup will be different this season:

The scoring system will be near-standard Yahoo fare. 20 yards rushing/receiving per point. 50 yards passing per point. Rushing/receiving/return/turnover TDs will be 6 points. Passing TDs will be 4 points. 1 point for PATs, 3 points for field goals 1-39 yards, 4 for 40-49 yards and 5 for 50+. Fumbles and interceptions will count 2 points for defenses and -2 for the guy who throws/drops the ball. 0 points allowed counts for 10 points for defenses, 1-6 is 7, 7-13 is 4, 14-20 is 1, 21-27 is 0, 28-34 is -1 and 35+ is -4. Blocked kicks are 2, as are safeties. A player can net a negative number against your team. Fractional points allowed.

The setup for players will be:

2 QB
2 WR
2 RB
2 TE
1 W/R

1 K

1 DEF

League draft won't start until the pre-season is underway.

Discuss! Join!

Yeah my feelings about last year's league were mixed. I mean it was awesome kicking the crap outta everybody (especially you), but it was really only against half of the competition. Hopefully this year'll be different. FYI to anyone who joins the league- when it's all over you'll all be on the corner making my money. I can't wait for this season. It's gonna be even worse for ya'll this time around. Be afraid!

Whoa, slow down there my friend. When the regular season ended I was in the lead (which made the sting of 2nd place hurt that much more). I'm just better than you Spuds,check the tape. Truth hurts huh?

Maverick and Wijg, both of you hit me up on AIM for the league info. Same goes for anyone else who wants in.

spudlyff8fan said:
The setup for players will be:

2 QB
2 WR
2 RB
2 TE
1 W/R

1 K

1 DEF

League draft won't start until the pre-season is underway.

Discuss! Join!

The preseason is already underway. Also leagues with 2 playable qb's tend to blow bigtime. 1 QB is always enough... other than that i'd join.

2 QB leagues are great as long as there are 10 or less teams. If there are 12, it starts to get stupid, but at 10, it's great.

I'm representing a group known as The Realists. We are opposed to this widespread fantasy indulgence in society. It is taking away the perception of reality, which leads to a complacent, self-serving society. DEATH TO THE FANTASY MOVEMENT!

Perfect Roach, you already have your team name. Get signed up and let's do this.

Oh, and I'm signed in. The champ has returned.

Last edited:
You mean getting beat by a guy who isn't actively involved in the league? Sure, that's one reason to not like it. Call me old fashioned, but I like games that require healthy interactivity from all parties involved. But that dimension of success relative to involvement is probably different from fantasy sport to fantasy sport. So no, ultimately that is not why I'm knockin' fantasy sports. :p

Oh yeah, and DEATH TO THE FANTASY MOVEMENT!

Well, all fantasy sports can have a degree of success with no maintenance, but the simple fact that you and me being #2 and #3 is a testament that, for the most part, you need to maintain a team to win. But hey, s'all good stuff! Baseball technically requires the lowest maintenance, since it has the most games, the lowest probability of injury and the fewest substitutions (outside the outfield on certain teams). Football, between its constant injuries, the split backfields and the frequent emergence of dominant players requires probably the most maintenance for success.

Anyway...JOIN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

Draft time changed. Everybody check it.

We also need more people. Invite a friend or family member if you want.