emulators?

i really like zelda classic, a zelda engine emulator. people have used it to make all the original zelda quests and you and others can use it to make brand new zelda quests. it has many graphics pallette options, custom sounds, whatever. it's neat to play some zelda stories made by users and you can find it......here

i've heard of something like that before, only it was a mario editor, with templates and stuff so you can recreate the game wtih custom levels and stuff. I've also seen a chrono trigger engine editor where you can change everything from graphics to dialog.

I use them all the time...with roms I already own. It's legal that way :p. My dad doesn't allow me to hook up my SNES/N64 in my room since my PS2 is already there, so I use emus. It's not the same, but they work.

KingKRool said:
I use them all the time...with roms I already own. It's legal that way :p.

Only if you destroy your originals when you use your "backups". Noen of the talk about "use for 24 hours" or "as long as you own a copy of the game" is true. And none of that covers distribution, which is an entirely different matter than ownership.

While emulation does have important historical significance for some platforms that are difficult to get up and running these days, discussing it is a bit like discussing shoplifting or robbery. It's probably not a great idea to do.

Well I personally love them considering that you can't find SNES games or NeS or Genisis games anymore...and besides...its roms that can be illeagal emulators are completly legal.

Well, all ROMS are illegal, for any console, no matter what. You can't have them for 24 hours and you can't have them even if you already own the games. Edits are even more illegal. Not only is it illegal to transfer te data to your computer, it is illegal to edit them.

Like I said...ROMS are a taboo here.

There are a number of factors. It's possible, though doubtful, thatthey have permission. More likely is one of two scenarios: corporate Nintendo is aware but just doesn't care enough to pursue it; or they're aware and and they realize that it's something of free advertising and thus turn a blind eye. However, both of these have repurcissions; if a trademark holder allows infringement to carry on for too long without taking action, they legally cede the right to take action.

I have an old demo disc from some PC magazine that has a copy of the Zelda classic game. Maybe I'll dig it out and see if there's any mention of Nintendo.

Well, they aren't for that now. They're definitely illegal, though I presume if you own the rights to the game you can probably do whatever the hell you want with it.

Anyway, yeah...they're illegal.