Dual monitors?

queenbellevue

Registered
Feb 14, 2015
Does anybody use a two monitor set-up for their gaming? I've heard so many people rave on about how you don't know you you need two monitors until you have them.

Is this true at all? I quite like my laptop as it is, and I can't imagine what I'd use the second screen for, plus it takes up a lot of space on my table...

I actually have 3 at home and a dual-screen set up at work. I'm also one of those people that can't ever go back to one screen.

At home, I have a 28' monitor in the center, and two 20' monitors rotated vertically on both sides. It's helpful for emails/texts on the left and IM's, monitoring tools, etc. on the right side. Plus, if I have to look something up really quickly, I don't ever have to exit my game (as long as the game has the ability to be windowed).

I wish I could have two. Sadly, I can't seem to find a monitor that wouldn't kill my eyes nowadays. So I'm stuck with just one.. but yeah, I would find a ton of use for dual screen setup.

I use 2 screens, but I don't use them both for gaming. Usually I'll have a video or movie playing on the left screen, and the main activity that I'm doing on the right screen, whether it be browsing a forum or playing a game.

I use 2 screens, but I don't use them both for gaming. Usually I'll have a video or movie playing on the left screen, and the main activity that I'm doing on the right screen, whether it be browsing a forum or playing a game.

Wait, so you watch a video while doing something else? Does it not get distracting?

It does get distracting a little, but I do that with the TV too, playing and watching TV at the same time, it's good for the dead parts of the game. :)

I use dual curved LG monitors for gaming plus a third 48 inch Samsung LED TV for viewing movies and what not. They are all connected as an extended display so I can watch Breaking Bad while grinding my Barbarian.

That is an impressive setting Tommy, I prefer to keep my setting simpler or else I feel that my head is going to blow up! :)

I generally do dual screen but I'm forced to use 1 screen atm because my roomie's monitor blew up. Sigh.

Ever since I visited the room of a friend and I saw the things he could do with dual monitors I have really wanted a second monitor for my computer. Sadly I'm still without a job but when I can I'll definitely buy it.

Yes. It is very hard to look back now. I have TV and a monitor. The monitor is mainly for gaming, but the TV is used for web surfing or working. The increase in productivity is pretty tremendous, especially since I multitask a lot.

Yep. Got two monitors here for me as well. It's very nice. One monitor I use off to the side for various things. Either for work, or to watch a movie or whatnot. While I use the main one for gaming, downloading, or work. If your PC can handle it, and you can afford it, I'd recommend it if you like to multitask.

I wouldn't go as far to say that you need two monitors, but if I had 'em, I could definitely see them getting regular use. It's just helpfull to have a second monitor all the time. You could grind mobs in WoW, for example, on your main monitor and have some random show running on the second one. There are loads of things you can use the second monitor for, but it definitely isn't a necessity on a modern gamer's desk. It's more of a commodity, and extra that is.

I'm currently running a double monitor setup. It's very useful for just about everything. Can't pass a level in a game? No problem, you can run a walkthrough on your second monitor. Want to watch a YouTube video while typing a forum post *wink wink*, no problem, you can do that. It's very useful.

Never cared about the dual monitor until they forced them on me at work (IT day job, aside from this site). After that it was almost needed just because of how much stuff I could fit on the screen at once. Be warned, as you can probably tell by this thread, there is something call screen crawl--when you expand past one you never have enough room. You will always need more space for things. Be very careful.

I've hooked up an old tv as a second monitor and never looked back, while many games don't really support it, the fact that I can watch a livestream while playing make it invaluable.

When I first heard about having a duel monitor set up, I thought they were just some crazy PcMasterRacers. But last summer I found a spare monitor at a garage sale and I thought to myself "Well it is only $2, I might as well give it a try and see what all the hype is about." Having two monitors seems like such a small and unnecessary thing, but it becomes so comfortable and just feels... right. Since I am now at college with my laptop, I am constantly finding myself missing my set up back at home. I recommend to everyone if they get a chance to go out and get that second monitor. You will thank me

I don't have a dual monitor set up at home, although during work hours (I'm a working student) I have my work PC and my personal laptop on at the same time. I just alternate between the two. My friend, who's an avid gamer, swears by the advantage of having this set up, both for gaming and work purposes. I myself would love to have two monitors, I just need enough funds to actually purchase another one.

I do have dual monitors in my current setup. I need it as I am a webmaster of several forums. I tend to multitask a lot when it comes to coding, posting, tweeting, status update, and more, which is why I have a dual monitor setup. I also use it when I stream on Twitch.TV. It is very helpful, and can save a lot of time and effort on looking at the chat, and your settings.

I think it is not kay to use dual monitor if you are only into gaming. If you are heavy multitasker that using many application on the same time dual monitor will be worth it. But for gaming I think it is not. Just buy a bigger monitor with high refresh rates and resolution and much better IPS monitor.