DS Lite Battery Life

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
So far, I'm amazed. I've played it at least a couple of hours every day for 5 days and it's still going strong! Compare that to my cell phone, which was at 60% this morning when I left home and then dropped a call on my way to work and then died (granted, it's old and I need a new one, but still!)

They say that you could potentially play for 19 hours on the lowest brightness setting before needing to recharge. Has anyone tested this yet?

I have been impressed with the battery life as well. I have not tested the 19 hours but I am not very worried about it. If anyone does let me know.

The DS battery life is fantastic. Having a good 20 hours worth a play time is not uncommon. Way better than the PSP's 4 or so.

It's still going strong and it hasn't even sniffed at the charger since the initial charge. This'll be day 6 now. If I'm only charging the thing once a week, the battery will last almost 10 years! (500 charges).

I've had it die on me once, but that's because I watched it go red but decided to play on through.

Poor Phoenix Wright...I don't know how he faired without me...

It's possible I'm using red and orange interchangably, although I thought that the light turned orange when you were charging.

When I was playing, it turned red and then died about 15-20 minutes later. There wasn't any warning (aside from the obvious red light) and it just died. So beware once it turns red!