Does the Vita have a future?

I didn't say the Vita pulls in money like Bill Gates, but it does make an appreciable profit.
Sure. But my conclusion is pretty much this though:

I don't think Sony will just scrap it because they'll be losing their hold on a substantial market, but I don't think Vita is a priority either.

I don't follow outside markets so it's probably different elsewhere and it might have a higher priority outside Japan. But in Japan, which is pretty much moving to mobile games and has the more securely stable Nintendo consoles, I can't help but think that Sony's focus is more on something that brings in profit while also giving a more proper competition with other brands.

The Vita may not have omega level sales, but it does have a future because it does bring profit. Not to mention that with PS Now on the system as well as being a remote play option, the Vita does have a future.

It's become an indie mecca of sorts and Japan third parties still support it heavily.

So yes, it does have a future, it's just not the future some people want it to be.

I don't think that it has much of a future in America or other mainly English speaking countries. However, I wouldn't count it out in places like Japan where certain handhelp PSP and Vita games are still going strong due to the various game types that come out for it.

I think the Vita is going to fall by the wayside just like some of the other consoles Sony had. It is sad because the Vita would have had a decent future because I think the graphics on it far out do the other handhelds.

Well its good to hear all these news about the Vita because I was getting ready to toss in the towel. It was certainly feeling like Sony was quitting on the Vita early like they did with the PSP. Yes I know the Psp was great but it felt like it had a short life to be honest. The Vita game library needs to get better because all we have are Monster Hunter clones by the pound. It really sucks we don't get as many games as the japanese market.