Does Assassins Creed need to get back to its future storyline?

avalonx

Registered
Feb 8, 2015
Assassins Creed is in a weird place. Unity was probably their most ambitious game but launched riddled with problems. Ever since the event of AC III though there has been a trend to minimize the future story. I am of the thought that Assassins Creed was always about traveling the past to see how it would impact the future. Now it seems like you are just wandering past lives with no real sense of where the Assassins/Templar war is. Am I the only one?

I always thought that the future aspect of Modern Day Assassins and Templars was one of the worst aspects of the game. I used to hate the Desmond Miles sequences during the first few games.

A lot of people fee as you do but I think the Desmond parts were told so poorly that it was more of poor storytelling than the future part itself. I always thought they were leading to him becoming some great Assassin, we never really saw much of them outside his little clan. Still, they left a lot untold. Many dangling plot threads.

I really didn't like the Desmond parts either. For myself it didn't fit the story line so well. I agree about the most recent games. It just walks you through the past and I would love to know where and how this supposed war is going on.

Reactions: avalonx
Right, there is no structure to the overall "war" at all. Its more like he wronged me and is also a templar, I'm going to kill him. Even in Unity, they mention the assassins uprising in America. Surely a reference to Connor who later became a Master. Where is he, do they not speak? Does each faction operate on their own? There needs to be some kind of underlining connection between the stories and what is going on. Even the way the characters become Assassins is a little quick and convenient.

Unity was one of their weakest installments. You get to the end and you're just like "WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ALL THAT". Also, they need to beef up the modern Assassin's storyline. I know there's a decent amount of world building in the comics, but they need to add some of them in the games. :cool:

If they can make it more fun than yes they should! I'm with others above me, the future / present day walking around and picking up clues is boring. It helps with the story yes, but there is nothing to do! Hack a computer? That is a cool mini game, but I don't wan't to hack 30 of them in a row!