Do Americans inherently enjoy SimCity more?

hedonologist

Registered
Mar 12, 2016
SimCity always has been based on a grid system found in virtually every American city, but very rarely in Europe. I always found it unfortunate that I could never realistically create my home town in SimCity because of this.

Do Americans find SimCity more satisfying because they can much more easily recreate towns resembling their hometown, and other places they are used to?

I guess they should make one for other parts of the world. Anyway, it seems like it would profitable for companies - considering so much of the audience is non-American. In fact, it might even become a situation where they make more money outside of America.

SimCity always has been based on a grid system found in virtually every American city, but very rarely in Europe. I always found it unfortunate that I could never realistically create my home town in SimCity because of this.

Do Americans find SimCity more satisfying because they can much more easily recreate towns resembling their hometown, and other places they are used to?

Good question, I've been also wondering why Sim games, like Sim City are hot in the US and parts of Europe but in Asia, specifically South East Asian countries, sim games have a really small following. It may be the geographical and economical standpoint of the game which is Westernized in nature.