cost

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
i think the cost of PSP games are little too high. why should I pay $50 for a game when I can get a bigger version for a console for the same price. That is why i like the GBA and DS. games are never more than $35 and the vast majority of them are under $30.

I agree with SS7. Can I call you SS7? Sounds like a submarine or something. Anyway, the prices are out of hand. If you give me a choice of spending $50 on a console game or handheld one I'll choice the console game I want every time. I don't even like the PSP games except for GTA and Ridge Racer, although I do want to try Burnout. It's amazing that so many of them are complete crap, remakes, or HH versions of new console games. I'm so disappointed in the PSP lineup.

The UMD movies actually cost more than normal DVD movies. plus, there really isnt enough extra disc space to add extra stuff like "behind the scenes" and "the making of" parts. so you wind up paying more for getting less.
... but at least it is portable.

I think the PSP and its software selection is much like Sony's other Playstation brands - expensive, desirable via marketing, and software is generally uninspired (with a few gems) and pleases the masses.