Cheaters never win

I think it was a setup...but it was still funny as hell.....Listening to his reaction when his computer hit the ground: priceless!!!

There's software and other mods that let you hack a game for things like invincibility, unlimited ammo and spread fire.

Or the Infamous "Super Shield" that guys use when their machines are modded.....That alone made me give up playing the Original Halo online.....On Xbox Connect.......And there was the fact that some kids walked through walls and clack you in the back of the head.......SOOOOOOOOOOOO not funny

In America's Army the most popular is the "aimbot". It tracks the enemy's head and keeps your cursor locked on it, so you get an automatic headshot every time. It can be combined with "scope" mods to see across the map and mods that allow you to fire through terrain. Do that, and you can wipe out the opposing team as soon as the round starts just by turning toward their spawn point.

that's definitely not cool. Why do people do these things? It completely ruins the game for all involved and takes away any satisfaction in victory. If anyone does this, tell us: why?

I don't cheat....but i have a pretty good idea why they do......They're tired of getting owned by true players of the game......kinda like "steriods for weak gamers".....haha

DJ, it's so they can quickly achieve a high rank.

And BC...I just thought I was bad at finding cover quickly enough....now I know it is occasionally a combination of both....

BCampbell said:
Bouncers are allowed to do that when someone is violent. They're also employed at an establishment by the owner. I'm betting these guys do not own that building, and are not employed by the owner; if anything, they're renting. The guy was also no physical threat, so they had no right to lay their hands on him at all, no matter if they just "carried" him out.

I did a year as door security, and I can assure you that anyone doing anything like that would have been fired before he even got back inside the door. The guy being ejected wasn't even asked to leave, nor was he violent. And as for his PC- that would be like security following someone outside and smashing the windows on their car.

Either it was real and the guys that did it better hope they're not looking at charges (I certianly would- assault and battery is in no way an appropriate rection to a cheater in a $25/seat LAN event), or the PC was a el-cheapo 486 running Windows 95 and they sacrificed it for a gag.

spudlyff8fan said:
And BC...I just thought I was bad at finding cover quickly enough....now I know it is occasionally a combination of both....

On AA, I actually find thet nonofficial servers are generally better. That's because they're often run by a clan, and usually have at least one clan member on, which means they can check for (most forms of) cheating.

Another thing you can do is type the IP address of the game server in your browser. The server software takes periodic screenshots of each player -- the screen they see -- and on some servers you can look at those pictures. Lots of cheat apps show up clearly; aimbots and enemy spotters are partiuclarly easy to see.

There are actually very, very few cheaters in AA. 98% of the time, if you think it's a cheater it's just a really good player. Hell, I've been accused of cheating and I'm not particularly that good. Punkbuster actually doe s apretty good job but there are always a handful of people ahead of the curve. If you avoid official servers you're already on the right track.

legality doesn't always make it to the thought processes of a testerone-high idiot. It's worse when alcohol is involved. Most real security will agree with imago. There are things that must be said and tried before physical force is used. I didn't think he did anything to warrant being carried out (however the quality of the video here at work was too dark to tell much), and surely not to have his computer trashed.

Still, it's funny.

One of the reasons I left AA was that too many people would lose then cry about someone cheating. I only left with honor at like 16, but even at that level if I were doing really well in one round someone would spam that I was aim-botting. Cheating will always be around, simply because people want easier ways to do things. I prefer a challenge in gaming, that's why I play.

You said it there Chemist.....I usually have to tell those people, "How do you sleep at night?"....j/k...but seriously, that's why i quit playing AA myself.....Too bad 'cause the game rocked!!

I loved it, too. Especially the :parachute missions. Now, I'm rocking 2 betas and even an alpha test. Let alone the hours I'm sucked into the WoW vacuum recently.

If it was real, I can see the reason to do that to him, that tournament was for a cash prize. Proabely a nice one too, him cheating would ruin everyone's chance to win the money, after paying 25$.