Cartoon Wars

spudlyff8fan

Super Senior Staff
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
somewhere
It started off a while ago with the Simpsons calling Family Guy plagiarism. More recently, South Park made fun of Family guy. Alot. And just now, Family Guy just talked about their time on the Tracey Ulman (sp?) Show. In the future, I think we'll be seeing all three of them taunting the hell out of eachother.

Jason mv said:
I hope so cause they can make hilarious shows making fun of each other like South Park did with Family Guy.

I couldn't agree more. I'm more of a Family Guy/Simpsons fan (simply cause I usually don't stay up late enough to watch South Park on a regular basis), but parody is a beautiful thing ^_^

This all started in an article in Blender when a quote by Matt Groening was (According to Seth McFarline) taken out of Context then placed next to an even deeper diatribe by Matt and Trey from South Park on how they feel about Family Guy making it look like Matt Groening was on the same "Family Guy is cut rate" bandwagon as Matt and Trey.

Now, I don't know if Matt Groening really meant it, but I agree that Family Guy is pretty unoriginal and boring and if I had a choice I would rather watch The Best of Saved by the Bell. Honestly I don't think the guys who make the Simpsons really would take it to the next level like South Park did, but who knows.

When is Futurama coming back?

Heck, even the Speilburg produced cartoons like Tiny Toon Adventures and The Animaniacs! Where did they go? Those could have worked in Prime Time just as well as Bugs Bunny did.

I miss Animaniacs, Tiny Toons sucked though.

I hope the cartoon wars do continue, I don't know if anyone here is a hardcore simpsons nut but the Tracy Ulman show was where the Simpsons got their start, so South Park takes a shot at Family Guy, Family Guy at the Simpsons, now we need the Simpsons to bitch slap South Park.

kurruption said:
I miss Animaniacs, Tiny Toons sucked though.

I hope the cartoon wars do continue, I don't know if anyone here is a hardcore simpsons nut but the Tracy Ulman show was where the Simpsons got their start, so South Park takes a shot at Family Guy, Family Guy at the Simpsons, now we need the Simpsons to bitch slap South Park.

Yes all HAIL THE SIMPSONS.

They need to show these suckas who's boss. And they run this son ya-mean. But it's funny how Family Guy makes fun of the simpsons and their both on the same network. I love Fox. South Park is good but Simpsons will live on forever like Bugs and Tom.

Sorry, Simpsons was absolutely brilliant the first 10 seasons, and nothing and I mean NOTHING will top the Hank Scorpio episode "have you ever seen a person scream at his shoes before?" but the sad truth is the Simpsons are way past their prime, and they have used up all their good ideas, hell South Park said it best "Simpsons did it!" Sad truth is Futurama was smarter and funnier than the Simpsons, Family Guy in my mind is funnier than both. Some would argue that Family Guy is simply dumb toilet humor, where shows like the Simpsons and Futurama are smart and funny. While that might be true, we have to remember that no matter what happens the audience for toilet humor is far bigger than the audience that watches Frasier.

No i think Family Guy is very Smart. A lot of the jokes tend to be very well put together. Plus most of them are aime at pop culture. Simpsons will be forever they just sign on for two more season and they have the movie due out next year. The next 2 seasons will probably be the last but it will always live on. Family guy will get old by Season 8 if it makes it that far. And South Park seems to just still be on for reasons i dont know why. There like Jay Leno its not really funny but it can make you chuckle