Can you smell it? The NFL season is upon us. Yeah baby!

Spud is right, this topic will NEVER get old! By the way, I hate your avatar mlvassallo. Anyway Arrington is a Giant now. I think that's a great pick up for NYG.

Brad2008 said:
Go Lions!!

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read! They'll suck for quite some time.

You never know though, Mav. Teams can go from incredible to terrible, and vice-versa, in one offseason. I mean, just look at the Texans, the Bucs, the Ravens. Ya never know. Something can happen what just ends up turning an entire team around. Look at what happened to the Pats when Brady became the starter. Or when Culpepper got the boot from Minnesota.

Personally, I think we'll end up seeing the Cards blast out in front of the NFC. they were...what, 5-11 last season?

Oh yeah, so what do you think the Lions' chances of making the playoffs are? I'll bet you 50,000 petz dollars (or whatever they're called) that the Lions finish with no more than 8 wins and miss the playoffs.

Maverick said:
Oh yeah, so what do you think the Lions' chances of making the playoffs are? I'll bet you 50,000 petz dollars (or whatever they're called) that the Lions finish with no more than 8 wins and miss the playoffs.
Cmon. I'd bet 100,000 that they get six or LESS wins! But yeah, looks like Ronnie Brown is gonna be the #1 this season. Stupid Ricky Williams! And stupid Brett Favre! GO AWAY!

Well, my Mygamer pals, fantasy football is re-opening just over the horizon, and I plan on opening up a league for all my Mygamer compatriates. So! How it's coming up on times to make tier lists!

We shall start with my RB tier list!

S tier) Of course, Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James and Tomlinson
A tier) Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson (depends who ends up getting the goal-line carries), Tiki Barber,
B tier) Clinton Portis, Julius Jones/Marion Barber (depending on who's injured), Rudi Johnson, Lamont Jordan, Brian Westbrook, Deuce McAllister, DeShaun Foster, Corey Dillon
C tier) Carnell Williams (personally, I foresee him to be injury-prone), Freddy Taylor, Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown (he's probably going to have to split carries again, and even though Culpepper gets his RBs in on the passing, I don't think he's up to it), Warrick Dunn (Vick does lots of running, and Duckett's getting the TDs), Willie MacGahee
D tier) Thomas Jones, Duce Staley/Willie Parker (depends on if how many goal-line oppurtunities Parker gets), Dominick Davis (will he split carries with Reggie Bush? Will he get any improvement in the offensive line? Probably, then probably not, which is why he's all the way down at D), Chester Taylor, Reuben Drougns, Jamal Lewis
E tier) All those other backups and carry-splitters

draft day.....i think it is one of the best draft (talent wise) in a while.....only time will tell with what happens with these guys

They didn't need Reggie Bush, though. They have Dominick Davis, he'll make it ok. I'm more annoyed that my randomly selected favorite guy, D'Brickashaw is a lousy JET.

^he might be the only good Jet on a bad team.

My buddy Dave Thomas is on the Pats, that is pretty cool. His fiancee was complaing about playing in the north and now he gets to play in one of the coldest areas! LOL.

Yep. But the Jets, I don't think, are a totally bad team. They just have an old RB, an injury-prone QB and a terrible defense.

So what do you think of the draft so far? The Pats have boggled me with their decision to not pick a single defensive player four rounds in so far. They picked up Laurence Maroney, which is totally understandable, since Corey Dillon is on his way out, and if he gets injured again, he's done. But then they pick up a WR...then two TEs? What the hell? They've got Ben Watson and Danny Graham, both decent. More perplexing is the Raiders STILL HAVE NO QUARTER BACK. They could've gotten Cutler, and while they are buffing their defense, they're not going to be able to assemble a top-tier defense by just draft picks, but they COULD assemble a top-tier offense since they already have Lamont Jordan, a solid RB, and Randy Moss, an excellent WR. I mean, the Bengals proved you could have a successful team with pure offense, and that's what the Raiders should go for.