Button Woes

Lylabean

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Hattiesburg
www.romperz.com
So has anyone else read about the square button on the psp? that it's not as responsive as the other buttons and that Sony says it's because of how close the button is to the screen that the sensor couldn't be placed directly below it so it's off to the side a little.

It doesn't sound like they are going to fix this. Apparently like 8% or so PSP's have been returned for repair.

Lynn

The story I read said somethign like .6 percent actually, but that's still not cool. Funny, the DualShock that came with my PS1 back in 99 wore out its square button pretty quickly. Maybe it's a hidden jab at (game)cubes or (x)boxes?

Yeah, I heard about that! I also remember reading that Sony's president was unapologetic about it, and just kind of shrugged it off. If I'm paying 200+ dollars for a handheld, all my buttons better work right!

The button issue was for the Japan launch, not US. On another note though, has anyone here had a problem with the pixel? Mines fine, but I'm hearing there are all kinds of problems with dead pixs.

Yeah its only the japan versions with the prob and the dead pixel thing is common with any screen like that, my DS has one on the lower screen then again it shouldn't be that much of a prob, yet again if your dropping 250 on a portable it better not have any probs like that, then again theres only like 1 percent that are getting returned and fixed

yep button has been fixed in the us release

i know 5 people with psp's and of all of us there was 1 dead pixel and his unit got replaced with no problems