Building Your Own Gaming Computer

Jayson

Registered
Jun 8, 2018
Can you do it? What might be some obstacles? Do you think you would get a better value and/or quality given the price? Where would you buy parts?

Can you do it?

Absolutely! I know this because I already have, haha. My very first gaming computer was assembled by yours truly. I was nervous at first, but I quickly came to realize that it isn't such a big deal. You're literally just plugging things into slots.

What might be some obstacles?

Anxiety is the biggest obstacle in my opinion. The fear of messing something up makes it more likely for you to mess up. Just looking up instructions online, making sure you've taken all the proper safety measures and not forcing anything is all it takes.

Do you think you would get a better value and/or quality given the price? Where would you buy parts?

I don't think. I know. Pre-assembled gaming computers such as Alienware are ridiculously and unnecessarily overpriced. They take advantage of the fact that a lot of people are nervous about assembling their own computer and wouldn't even consider it, so they know that those people will be willing to pay top dollar for a computer that's ready to go.

And in my opinion, the best place to find the cheapest parts for computers is Newegg. They have reliable customer service and always have some sort of new sales and offers going on.

Reactions: Jayson
If you have the skill and knowledge building is really is easy, the only problem is budget. Building a computer is basically plug and play as long as you know your hardware capabilities. The Mother board is basically your baseline because the specification of most of the hardware relies on your motherboards capabilities. The rest is basically choosing the best hardware you can afford.

yes I can do it, first of all know your budget, how much are you willing to spend for a unit.
second know you parts as much as possible you must have a knowledge about each part of a computer, what they do and their importance inside.
third every parts must be compatible with one another, that is why you should know which part can be used for each.
forth there are a lot of parts seller online some you can find a bundle promo in which when you buy something from them, they could give you discount on the others, know how to canvas, don't just pick and buy, haggle if possible.