BLOW OUT pricing on ATI RADEON X700 PRO 256MB GDDR3 AGP & PCI Express Graphics Card

GQtraqer

Registered
Dec 26, 2005
Hello everyone!!

If you want agreat deal on a video card here is your chance.

6832788_r.gif
ATI RADEON X700 PRO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card 100-437402
256MB GDDR3 memory; PCI Express x16 interface; DirectX 9.0 and OpenGL 2.0 support; component output; 525MHz clock speed

6832788_r.gif
ATI RADEON X700 PRO 256MB GDDR3 AGP Graphics Card 100-437406
256MB GDDR3 memory; AGP interface; S-video, composite video outputs; 425MHz engine clock speed; CATALYST software

If you go to the website you will see that they show up in the thumbnails but the links are no longer available because it is now a CLEARANCE item.

I happend to be at best buy when they went on clearance. There is an instant rebate of $30
and a mail in rebate of $20 brining the price down to $125.00.

Truly this can not be beat and is the best deal I have seen in the 2 months I have been looking so if you have been waiting for that GREAT DEAL. Now is the time.

Good luck and have FUN!!!!!! :marsrover

GQ

Side note

The best way I found to get one of these video cards is to call the nearest Best buy and check for availability. If they do not have any in, ask them to check other stores and verify that they have it. Then ask them to transfer it to their store, (takes about 2-3 days), Dont take no for an answer... cause they will try to say, "no we cant do that...", when I KNOW they can :stretch:

best buy is evil. one time i drove an hour in the wrong direction cause i thought they had this SUPER ram sale but it had ended and the store i was at was just stupid and had left the sale price up when they were out of stock. upon arriving to the next best buy, the store had them in stock but for more than 100 dollars over the price i thought i was going to get to pay.

That's not a bad deal... My wife has been complaing because my PC will run City of Heroes in such higher rez than her machine, and this could be just the ticket to replace her aging vic card.. Thanks for letting us know.

Yeah, I hesitate to shop at Best Buy. They put a black mark on my credit for a few years because they claimed a check I wrote bounced. At the time, my bank account didn't provide me with cancelled copies of my checks -- I was on a super cheap acct -- and they wouldn't take my BANK STATEMENT as evidence, and they wouldn't reimburse me the cost of getting a copy of my cancelled check for them. So it went to a collection agency and I never paid. I should have reported that.

My girlfriend's brother also got a stereo as a gift that was purchased at Best Buy, and it was DOA, I think the speakers were busted. When they tried to return it, the people at the Best Buy store said that they thought he broke it himself and wouldn't do an exchange.

So no, I don't shop at best buy anymore.

Anyway, pricewatch lists the PCIe version of this card for $95, and the AGP version for $145, fyi.

Best Buy is fairly new up here in the Great White North. I think it's been around for about 3 years, maybe 4. So far, I've been impressed with the service and the willingness to accept returns and exchanges.

Which is strange, because accross the board, American customer service is better than Canadian customer service. Maybe it's because it's still a fairly new chain here. I guess the next ten years or so will tell.

i was blown away by best buy at first, but that was before i was old enough to have credit cards (enabling me to order online) and prior to that, wal-mart and sears were the only places to find electronics outside of strictly games...the closest computer parts store of any kind was in st. louis or indianapolis (i lived on the eastern side of central illinois at the time) so it was a huge deal when I found one in champaign near my college.

but most of the time i go in the one in dekalb all the employees are standing around talking to eachother, and even if they werent they usually don't have enough knowledge to help me. the guys behind the counter probably do, but they are all busy explaining to the old people that the floppy disk drive is not a credit card reader, etc.

it works in a pinch, when i need something hardware related -- but these days wal-mart practically has as much selection. i find that best buy only carries one or two brands of harddrives, for example...and almost zero of them were SATA.

on the other hand, after my latest HDD crash, i had desperately purchased an overpriced HDD from them...started to install windows xp on it and realized i wsa going to have to wait a few days anyway. so i ended up returning the HDD, no questions asked - full refund. i thought that was pretty unbelievable.

I find refusing to leave the customer service line and holding everyone else up behind you until you get your way (yes, I AM that guy... sorry) really helps to force reluctant retailers to take valid returns. Just spare yourself the time and ask for the store manager right from the get-go when the situation goes sour- the counter monkey making just over minimum wage has not been empowered to assist you, so getting mad at him/her is really not helpful or fair.

As for Best Buy... I use them for incidentals and when they have DVD sales (not bloody often)- other than that they're so painfully clueless that I can't bear it. Overall I loathe "mega" stores of all stripes, and hate that our relentless drive to always save $2 on an item has driven these huge stores to do business in the manner tha tthey do. Luckily I have a number of small, independt shops with knowlegable staff that can meet or beat most mega-store's prices- you just gotta look around.

ya it's not considered politically incorrect. so we jump all over it. i mean, hell, my cat is a terrorist. i call him that all the time. but he literally is. but that's besides the point. but i would never say he's a *enter politically vulgar term here* cause that'd hurt his feelings.