Best steam game of 2014?

JunkyPenguin

Registered
Feb 7, 2015
I'm looking for some new games to try and am wondering what you all liked from 2014! I've just been playing my old favorites recently, those being TF2 and CS:GO but am looking for something new to play! I'd prefer no games above $30ish but if it's truly your favorite and worth the price, post it!

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. It's right on the $30 mark but I'd say it's worth the dough. I got it on sale for around $6 but I would have no qualms about paying more for it. Seriously, it's a blast. The action in this game is on par with the over-the-top-ness of Resident Evil 4's quicktime events.

I'll be honest, there are less than 10 games (excluding expansions) still on my system that were released in 2014 on steam, of those the one I have spent the most time and had the most fun playing was probably TransOcean - The Shipping Company. Its not for everyone, and I can't really recommend it based on that fact.

Hands down, the only game that kept my interest long enough to still be of interest to me to play right now for the 2014 year was Don't Starve and it's successor, Don't Starve Together. The series of games is unfathomably addicting.

Looking at Steam "exclusives" I would go with The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. It's added so much more content and replayability to one of the most successful indie games of all time.

As mentioned by sorrowscall Don't Starve Together is another great game.

I also enjoyed Metal gear rising. Probably because of the awesome OST that was implemented. Notable mentions are Binding of Isaac and if you can get Far Cry 4 on sale too, then awesome.