Best PS2 game?

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
Now that the PS2 era is coming to and end, what would you say is the best game for the system and why? God of War? SOCOM? Devil May Cry? FFX? Metal Gear? The Bouncer? Aqua Aqua? What do you think?

I wasn't a big fan of MGS3, and anyone who picks The Bouncer needs to feel the hard smack of my pimp hand. Seriously though, the first games I thought of were MGS2 (even with the Raiden factor), GTA3, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and maybe God of War. I guess I'd go with GTA3 as the best, with MGS2 a close second.

The ps2 has had alot of great games, no doubt about it. System defining game, many to choose from, the soldier in me wanted MGS 3, The groupie in me thought about GTA 3, My heart went to FFXII and Okami, but the game that I believe will spring to mind when I think PS2 shall be one that many have underestimated, much like Link II on the NES, Ogre Battle on the SNES, Thousand Arms on the psx, when people utter the words Playstation 2, I shall think, Odin Sphere.......followed by Robot Alchemic Drive of course.

I havnt played Odin Sphere yet, but I heard good things. Ogre Battle and Thousand Arms, huh. I thought I was the only one who played those games. Nice.

I'm a MGS whore, so deffinitley MGS3. A close second would have to be Kingdom Hearts 2 with the awesome tag-team fight featuring Disney and Final Fantasy characters near the end.

Yeah it was a good game, except for those squid ghost things (I think they were squid shaped) that came out of nowhere in the middle of the story/game. What was that about? It was like the developers ran out of good character designs for bad guys. It reminded me of the supernatural stuff in Streets of L.A. It just felt way out of place and tacked on.