Best of

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
Best games of 2004

in you didnt see it on the front page here is a link to the best GBA games of 2004 article.

http://www.mygamer.com/index.php?platform=&publisher=&developer=&game=&page=articles&mode=viewarticles&id=76

I have a question about the Pokemon rainbow of games: what is the difference between each one? I am a complete Pokemon uninitiate, but it always seems that Pokemon games come out in like 12 different versions at once. Is there a reason for this or is it all part of the brilliant Pokemon marketting strategy: gotta catch 'em all?

Well, the GBA ones come in sets of 3, with a pair initially then a followup later on (like Red and Blue then yellow or Gold and Silver, then Crystal). Red and Blue started off in Kanto, with 150 pokemon to collect, however they each had several exclusive Pokemon you would have to do a cross-color trade for. Yellow was brought out later, and allowed had enhanced graphics and Gameboy color support. Later came Gold and Silver, which were GBC and took place in a new region, and had 100 new critters. Crystal came out later to complete that trio, but the only difference between the two was the option of playing as a female. Flash forward and Ruby and Sapphire came out, and they had an almost totally new lineup. Then was Firered and Leafgreen, which were nicely done remakes of Red and Blue, but had a bunch of new features, and can battle/trade between Ruby and Sapphire.

Then there are the console versions, the only one of note i want to talk about is Colosseum, which is VERY different from any of the GBA games with 2 on 2 battles exclusively and the brand new concept of stealing shadow pokemon, and can also trade/battle with the GBA versions.

So, buy any of them you want. They're all good stuff.

Pokemon would be like the best game in the world if everyone played it. Trading and battling would be very very competitive. Unfortunately, none of my gamer friends play it cuz they think it is too kiddy.

The single greatest idea for a game EVER is a Pokemon MMORPG. Think about it, if it had all 151 Red/Blue Pokemon, the 100 new ones from Gold/Silver and the other ones from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. THAT would be one of the best game ideas......ever.

Totally agree then there could be new pokemon randomly or certain ones can only be caught certain times of the year or would be more common, cross breeding the little freaks to make even freaker ones... but any good idea normal never happens.