• 31-40

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • 41-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 51-60

• 61-80

• 81-really pushing this lifespan thing.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
I'm posting this poll to get an idea of the average age of the MyGamer members. I hear that the average age of video game users is 30, but I have a hard time believing it. Weigh in, and be truthful!

Vote for a range, then put your actual age in a post, please.

The poll is way at the top.

That "average age is 30" thing is a little misleading. From what I understand, it includes anyone who played any game in a certain large timespan before the questioning -- even if that game was just Solitair on their PC at work. So it included a lot of people we wouldn't call "gamers".

The average age of the staff is in the mid-high 20's. Not sure about the forum members.

well we might be the first generation to continue to play games as older people. i play civ with a woman who refers to herself as an "older lady" and when she talks in yahoo instant messenger, she does sound older. i dont remember if she disclosed her age...perhaps 60. anyway...she's like in the top 3 players of civ. she is awesome.

I'm 26 - Though I must say that both my mom and dad (in their very late 40's) play games - and I'm talking real games. My mom favors stuff like Dr. Mario and Tetris type games (though currently plays GTA and Burnout Revenge) and my dad generally likes shooters and racing games (he's been playing Perfect Dark 0, Project Gotham 3, Burnout Revenge, and Halo and Clancy games). It's pretty common for us to have big system link gaming sessions around their house (as my dad had to wire each room with ethernet for xbox gaming) including my dad and some of my uncles right along with us younger folk..

I'm finding this whole thing very interesting. It seems that the age is quite high. Higher than most other gaming forums I've been on. Of course, this is also reflected by the quality of language and obvious presence of intelligence on this site vs. others. You're all a pretty smart bunch compared to most online communities about games.