Anything besides Graphics?

cuinneas

Public Relations Manager
Registered
Oct 29, 2005
Vashon Island, WA
Hey XBox 360! What do you have to offer me? I see graphics. Meh... you got anything else? For a 15lb box I sure hope so. Too bad all I read about is how kick arse the graphics are gonna be. By the looks of the titles you are releasing it sure seems like a whole lot more of the same. Blech... Gimme fun, gimme games, gimme playability. You gotta be way cooler than seeing dust on the windshield to snag me. When you gonna do something innovative? You would think that for 400 Washingtons you would be marketing more than "A driving experience so real that you will be wiping bugs off your TV" -Some article on the internet. I guess I'll save my money for a platform that is gonna wow me, entertain me, challenge me and present me with a new gaming experience. In the meantime, if I feel so inclined as to indulge myself.... you will find me at my friends house mooching off their 360 so that I can save up for the system that is gonna do that for me.

Totally, If they come out with some more interesting titles I may reconsider. but it would have to be at least 10 interesting titles to justify the cost.

I should not have to read further than their blanket advertising. All I see is graphics. Other platforms are pushing more than graphics. If they do not market something interesting then the public will not look any further into it. I should not have to feel like I have to research the product just to find reasons that I would like it. the other platforms are putting interesting advertising and marketing out that makes me want to find out more. Xbox leaves me indifferent.

By the way. I just got back from Costco and there was a line of Xbox campers out on the street. And it is DANG cold out there. Those graphics better deliver for them.

BCampbell said:
I agree, for the launch at least. There's nothing I really want. The XBox was mainly a platform for sports and action (primarily FPS) games. Not really my bag, at least not at that price. Hopefully some more interesting titles come down the pipe.

There are some pretty good looking RPGs coming, BC. And you can expect the standard slew of games from the Xbox supporters from last generation.

Oblivion would be nice, but my PC will be able to handle it when it comes out. It will probably look better on the 360 though. RPG's are always a decent draw for me, but the "slew of games from the Xbox supporters from last generation" don't really entice me. There was nothing that made me really want an XBox, so if the library is similar there will be nothing tht makes me really want a 360.

Blue Dragon? I hadn't heard much about it before, and it sounds interesting but I'll wait to see more info before I say it's something I've gotta have. Okay, so Akira Toriyama created the characters... while that contributes to the charm of the Dragon Quest series, what's more important about that series is the history within those creations themselves. There are monster designs that are still in use from the original game, that's almost 20 years ago now. You don't get that kind of history in one night.

I want to see exactly how the game mechanics work before I decide if it's something I'll want to pop for a 360 over.

Getting one is all based on finding one at this point!!!!!........Some game stores are saying they won't have any in 'till January, for people that didn't preorder.....Glad i didn't sling out cash back then, if i couldn't get it on launch day........................MY SEARCH WILL CONTINUE!!!.......Updates will be available every hour on the hour....hahahaha........

As to the other questions concerning the Oh-So-Wonderful system........You've got to think outside the box....It's not just games, it's a multimedia machine......For tech gurus like myself, you're looking at games and movies in true HD........You're also looking at basically "video phone" by next year......And don't forget the timeless treasure that is the Xbox Live Arcade.......Genius, Pure Genius!!!!.....I know i sound like a wonderful advertisement......But remember, game console companies NOW want you to do even more by sitting on your couch.....heehee.......Did i also mention the keyboard attachment coming soon?????

Check out Lost Odyssey, BC. That game looks, graphics, sound and storywise that it coul mop the floor with Final Fantasy...mainly because Mist Walker is like....80% Square-Enix deserters.

Does my console NEED to have a video phone and keyboard? NO!!

I could care less that my GAME CONSOLE should be equipped with VIDEO PHONE????? What the hell? Why would I want a video phone and to watch DVDs on my game console. I have a computer that will do that stuff fine. i want less of this crud and MORE FUN GAMES!!!! Now wonder the thing weighs 15lbs. i wonder what they could have done to it if they did not waste space on such pointless stuff. Where have all the innovative games gone?

hmmm....I think we have an anti-Microsoft fanboy on this forum....

He'll fit in well with all the anti-Halo people nicely...

Not a hater. Just dissapointed.

Microsoft Kicks Arse. That is why I have such high expectations of them. I know they can make video phones and have good graphics. they have done that with all of the other awesome gadgets they produce. But what about the games? I want to see Microsoft use all that innovation. You can feel the creative vibe pulsing from the microsoft campus 30 miles away... I just think that they are not offering a whole lot as far as GAMING actually goes. Like I said graphics, video phone, keyboard... meh. Everything Microsoft has done has been revolutionary. Why must the Xbox just be another PC tower with a controller?

excuse my caps........IT'S NOT A FREAKIN' PC TOWER.....IT IS A MULTIMEDIA MACHINE!!!....And by the way, the ability to make these Great Games is on the developers!!.......It's like me giving you a shitload of money and then you asking me to spend it also....What was the point of Microsoft bringing out the wonderful piece of work??....To kick the developers in the butt and challenge them to take THEIR games to the next level.....Sorry if i seem harsh, cuinneas.....But i've been waiting for this system for a while.......Now the ball is in the developer's hands......Either throw a touchdown, or get sacked......and again, nice to have u on the forums cuinneas!!!!=)