Anyone know details about Baten Kaitos 2?

Rolan

Registered
Apr 13, 2006
www.forumsvibe.com
I was hoping to find out more details about this game. I know that its supposed to come out here sometime in June but other than that I don't know much.

Some new information about Baten Kaitos II has emerged in relation to the all important Magnus that the original game introduced. A few new characters have also been detailed.

Magnus in Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean were acquired through battles and shops, but this time around NPCs will have Magnus available for trade. Certain NPCs in Baten Kaitos II will specialize in collecting and trading Magnus. Players who trade more with certain characters will find these NPCs remember certain trades, and eventually the player can acquire much rarer cards.

Other news includes character descriptions for four siblings and an old man.

Titsa is the oldest member and leader of the family who always thinks through his decisions.
Petz is second oldest and tends to get into fights thanks to his serious nature.
At 19, Pierde is the eldest sister and as such is the mother figure of the group.
Poroku on the other hand is the youngest member of the group. She is spoiled and only concerns herself with short term goals.
Wiseman is a mask wearing lord who delights in turning living things, including people, into Magnus. He is pursuing a plan to turn more humans into Magnus so they can no longer feel physical pain.

Baten Kaitos II is still on track for its Japanese release on February 22. US fans should check back here for more information regarding its North American release.

--From RPGamer.com

Don't be. Its nothing like any trading card game. The cards are more a way to do combos using pairs and straights to increase the damage.

SquallSnake7 said:
I never had a chance to play the original. I was weary of the card based system.

Plus the voiceovers were somewhat of a joke. (Okay, VERY much a joke :p) If there' s one thing I can't stand it's crappy voiceovers. They tend to get in the way of the bgm a lot, especially if they're craptastic.

Btw, Rolan, I'm diggin your avatar. I'm much more of a Mia/Sheba fan though. Or Isaac.

Well yeah, the voiceovers weren't the best, but maybe they'll do better in BK2. The music was goo though and there still are lots of other good things about Baten Kaitos.

And thanks for the compliment Meggo.