Any Good Beat 'Em Ups in Wii?

lamanlupa

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
I'm a big fan of the old beat em up games. Most of the games in my possesion are the fighting type. The Wii system is a cool system, but the thing is, there seems to be a lack of fighting games for this console. Any good titles? I have tried only one game so far, Tatsunoku vs Street Fighter.

If you want a good fighting game on the Wii, look no further than Super Smash Bros. Brawl. For something that had a real chance of being really lame and just a cash grab, it ended up being a very solid (and fun) fighting game.

In terms of beat 'em ups, the TMNT game was fun for a few hours of platforming and fighting. It's not ground-breaking by any stretch of the imagination, but you can find it for very cheap and it's a good time.

If you want a good fighting game on the Wii, look no further than Super Smash Bros. Brawl. For something that had a real chance of being really lame and just a cash grab, it ended up being a very solid (and fun) fighting game.

In terms of beat 'em ups, the TMNT game was fun for a few hours of platforming and fighting. It's not ground-breaking by any stretch of the imagination, but you can find it for very cheap and it's a good time.
Yeah, I have to second Smash Bros. It's insanely fun. Brawl isn't even considered the best of the franchise, but I'd still recommend picking it up and giving it a go. Few games reach such pulse-pounding heights in a casual setting as Smash Bros.

I also enjoyed the DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi games. They're not amazing, but they manage to replicate DBZ-style aerial combat with reasonable faithfulness, and you get more characters than you'll know what to do with.

I have to agree with the other posters here. I really can't think of any good fighting titles other than Smash Bros. And I have spent hours on this game!! It may seem a little corny with all the pokemon and cute characters (an aspect I like) but once you start playing, it really is a blast! I love how the game incorporates special moves from the character's main video game.

It's just an added bonus if you are a fan of other games like Sonic, Pokemon, Mario, etc. I really enjoy playing this game with friends because it is too much fun having a 2 vs 2 battle. :)

I bought Batman the Brave and Bold but have not had a chance to play it. It is supposed to be pretty good though. It is a brawler, not a fighting game like SF.

I had no clue that this game ever existing. I'm really diggin' the animation style, it's pretty on par with the cartoon, and it seems to look pretty decent for a Wii game. Thanks for the suggestion! :)