Amazon App Store

medievalmama

Registered
Mar 8, 2015
Oregon
I'm not sure how it happened, but I ended up with a relatively big promo credit for Amazon App store. I'm wondering if others use their app store regularly. Are there some things offered there that are not available at Google Play? What apps would you buy if you had "free money."

I think you got free credit (is the credit called "coins"?) from buying/downloading other apps on the Amazon App Store. They usually have this kind of promotion going every once in a while and it's a great way to get some apps for free.

I use their app store a lot as it doesn't give me the headaches the Google Play store, and it's really nice because it offers many free apps, but I guess a downside is that many developers do not update the Amazon versions of their apps because of Amazon's requirements.

If you want to spend that free credit, buy the Sonic games. They are fantastic ports, remastered in widescreen, and they usually have extra content which wasn't accessible in the original games. However, I would hold off from buying Sonic the Hedgehog 2, as Amazon gives that game for free every once in a while.

Reactions: medievalmama
I have to admit I have never looked at using Amazon apps, I just download the ones from Google play or Itunes! I had never even given it a though if I am completely honest, are they cheaper?

I have the Amazon app store sideloaded. I do like that they offer one free app a day (although often times, it is junk) although I find the Amazon app store to be somewhat clunky and difficult to scroll through at times and so I typically just stick to the Google Play store unless I know there is a specific app of the day for free that I am interested in.

There's literally nothing you'll find in the Amazon Appstore that you won't find in Google Play as far as I know. It's a really limited app marketplace that bests the Windows Store and loses by nearly a million apps to Google Play and Apple's App Store. If i was stuck using Amazon's app marketplace only, then I'd slam my head against the wall every time I needed an app and couldn't find it!

I didn't even know that Amazon did App promotions for their games and such. I don't think I'd even use the App for it's promotions if I was given the choice of whether or not to. However, I'm sure Google Play probably has a knock off of every pay to play mobile app from the Amazon App Store.

I have actually used all three Google Play, Amazon, and Apple Store. I did not really see much of a difference other than the device it was being used on. For the most part apps available on all 3 are pretty similar except for the fact that some are compatible on all devices while others are only compatible with certain devices. But they all offer the same types of apps just tailored to different devices. But the only perk about Amazon that stood was that you do receive credits at times which can then be redeemed for Amazon products and sevices.

This thread got Necroed a bit

Amazon launched their revision to the Free-App of the Day thing recently, Amazon Underground.

Basically, participating developers apps become completely free, including IAP's, in favour of getting paid by Amazon for every minute of usage of their apps.

It's an interesting system, but sets off my privacy alarms.

Last edited: