All things aside...How is the Xbox 360 treating you so far?

cuinneas

Public Relations Manager
Registered
Oct 29, 2005
Vashon Island, WA
It has now been 3 whole days since the 360 launch. How is it been treating ya'll, that were lucky enough to get one, so far? I know that in the past I may have seemed critical of the xbox 360 but I am genuinely hoping that it is really being enjoyed. I will be just as critical about the next system launch too. Criticism is good. I just loves me games is all.
I heard on the news this morning that there have been cases of 360's randomly shutting down and dying after only 12 hours of gameplay. What's up with that? I guess that would seriously cheese me. Especially after dropping so much cash on it. I guess that could happen with any system but man, that sucks.
Well I hope that ya'll are having a good time with your new systems and I would love to hear how it is going thus far.

It's been great, IF I HAD ONE!!!!

RAGE... RISING

The 360 is a thing of beauty!

Did it align the cosmos and bring order to my entertainment soaked life? No.

I haven't had any of the problems being reported; mainly crashing. Mine is running like a swiss watch, and that seems to be the consensus with everyone I've talked to.

The games are fun, really fun, but you can't fault... or maybe its you can always fault... launch titles for being under par. The developers just haven't had enough time to really push the system to the max. They'll get there eventually. (hell, developers are still pulling heretofore unthinkable feats out of the PS2 [check out Path of Neo], and its also soon to be replaced.)

Overall, its an impressive system.

Thanks for the input on the 360.....But i still hate you all, i can't get my hands on one yet.....Nowhere in North Carolina!!.....hahaha....This is getting ridiculous....

I haven't gotten my hands on one, yet ,but from what I've heard it completely rocks. Some of my coworkers have seen them in action. No problems to report. The only complaint has been from their girlfriends/fiances/wives that they haven't seen their sweeties for a week.

Its flippin sweet! Thank God for the Xbox 360. I have Call of Duty 2, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Perfect Dark Zero, and Project Gotham Racing. I rented NBA Live 06, Madden 06, & King Kong. The only bad thing was Madden. I was very disappointed in EA with its next gen Madden. I don't want to say too much about it right now though.

Waiting outside of Best Buy for 9 1/2 hours was a total bitch though. :zombie:

I could say i'm really jealous of you Maverick....But i'd be lying....congrats on the being one of the lucky few....And good to have you back on dude!!.....I'm just waiting for "Mr. Gates" to deliver mine to my door.....By the way, i've been waiting since launch......Maybe he went to the wrong house!!!!.....NOOOOOOOO!!

I just performed a wonderful piece of genius. Last night I bought my wife a Kitchenaid mixer. A good one that she has wanted since we got married (4 years and going). She was so thrilled when I gave it to her that she insists that I get a 360 asap.

You know it's just the opposite for me. My fiancee is getting a KitchenAid mixer for Christmas and I'm getting video games.

I'm going to wait for it to be cheaper (which may be a few years) or a game comes out on the 360 exclusively that I absolutely must play.

That sucks. Fortunately my wife loves to cook. She has the philosophy that a man's place is OUT of the kitchen. Jewelry is a good option, but taking a cruise for the same price as an expensive rock may go over nicely too.

good time of the year to find a cruise. a friend of mine goes every year during January for around $500 (of course he only has himself to worry about). He does drive down, and he doesn't drink aboard ship. I haven't been on one, but he's got me itching to go on one.

I am with KWilson on this one. i gotta wait till this system is loads cheaper or until it has at least 4-5 games that I can't pass up in order to justify the cost. Luckily I do not have to worry about that right now because 1. i can't get one anyways and 2. None of the games really interest me at all at the moment.