Alas, we seem to have a few of there here, as well...

ImagoX

PC Editor
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
www.freakygamer.com
20060210.jpg

:cookiemon

I agree with the hating IGN thing. Not because of content or anything, but because they are just another spinoff from the corporate cog. I won't name names because that's just not nice. I truly don't know why one corporation needs so many message boards and FAQ sites, all dedicated to gaming. Wait, to make more money from advertising.

I used to like IGN for it's great game coverage, especially for its game cheat codes way back when. Though I was never one of their forum users. Then they made it so you had to PAY to read it! Now we get these stupid advertisements that pop up every damn page. Seriously, sometimes when you just type in IGN.com, you get one of those "LATEST MOVIE!!!! (click here to skip ad)" pages. It's bull!

they do span a lot of ground, but once a company (or site) has gone down the corporate road, it's tough to come back to your true fans. I liked the comix, game previews and reviews and cheats, and movie stuff. Now that takes up only a fraction of it. The rest is nonsense that I am grateful that this site doesn't have. All Hail Mygamer!

Not that they become evil....Most just lose sight of what took them to their position in the first place....Hence, they lose the fan base that got them to where they are....I think that's what Jonas was sayin' :taekwondo

Ok, so I will name a few names. IGN, Gamespot, and the VN Boards are all part of one larger corporation that has nothing to with gaming, which, to still be a little nice, I will not name. No, becoming successful is not evil, nor, for the most part, is the corporate world. My opinion is just that these sites don't give me the "for gamers" feel that many other sites such as this one have.

I used to be on IGN all the time, back in the day. But then they changed and I just couldn't deal with the hassle of going to their sites.

Although to be honest I don't normally do the game-site-forum thing. This place is my first. So far I haven't seen any jerks though. :p

However I'm curious. Is ImagoX implying we have some company plants in the forum? o_O

Same here. I've always got to sites for their information but never to participate in forums. I like the environment here and thats why I have stuck around.

mastergunslinger said:
So, do up and comers who want to have fun AND success automatically become evil once they achieve that success? :)
This= A very fishy situation.

By no means I'm I implying anything, ok maybe I am, this person only has one post and it was this one.

If this person does return and continue posting I do apologize in advance. If not then let's just say penny arcade makes a lot of sense.