Across The Narrows by Playstation

PithPulchritude

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
NYC
pithpulchritude.mygamer.com
Playstatation is sponsoring an event in the New York City area (Coney Island and Staten Island) on Oct. 1st and 2nd. It's a huge 2-Day and 2-Location concert: The Killers, Beck, Interpol, Oasis, and more. Playstation is having a tent and is showcasing the PSP. First 30 people that bring along their PSPs to the event get a free game. Any New Yorkers? See ya there!

http://www.acrossthenarrows.com/

Maverick said:
Sadly no, I'm a Pittsburger (that sounds so stupid to say).

Really? What part of Pittsburgh? I went to college at CMU and I just love that city.

Well I like it more than my hometown. Jersey suburbs are nice, but my particular town is full of very snotty people. It was nice to live in a city for 4 years and Pittsburgh has always been a great place. Awesome museums, nice neighborhoods. I for one really liked hanging out in Shady Side.

PithPulchritude said:
Playstatation is sponsoring an event in the New York City area (Coney Island and Staten Island) on Oct. 1st and 2nd.

Well, I would think about going, but:
  1. I have no transportation of my own currently (i.e. no car or drivers license);
  2. This was announced a bit late (Oct. 1 and 2 are, like, two days from now) so that gives me too little time to plan a trip down there.

It's a bit of a shame, as I'm from upstate NY (near Rochester), so it's within 1-day road trip distance; and more of a shame because I have a PSP. :( Oh well, ce la vi...

kwilson said:
Well I like it more than my hometown. Jersey suburbs are nice, but my particular town is full of very snotty people. It was nice to live in a city for 4 years and Pittsburgh has always been a great place. Awesome museums, nice neighborhoods. I for one really liked hanging out in Shady Side.

Hey kwilson, you're a Jersey girl too? Jersey Suburbia makes me dizzy. I know what you mean, I kinda miss my laidback and "kinder" southerners.