Android or iOS?

dyanmarie25

Registered
Feb 16, 2015
I'm just curious as to what are your opinions about these two app platforms. Which do you think is better, Android or iOS?

Android - more free stuff, more customizable, easy to use and lots of content for it, which is being released all the time. And a better logo. But that's just me. :D

Reactions: Steve5
Power users like myself want a customizable phone as much as possible. I'm not averse to learning all the tricks and trades for operating Androids and want to get to know my device intimately. I vote Android.

Android. I don't really have anything against iOS itself, but I am not willing to pay so much money for an iPhone. The basic model (16GB?) here costs around $1000, while an Android phone with the same specs would run me maybe $400?

I disagree with some people. I do prefer Android but it's not the way people are showing it. In many ways Android is better than IOS. But the same thing can be said about Android.
I believe Apple made their products more simple. This would be the reason average people have iPhones. It's because they don't want the more complicated Android.
Android is more customizable but can be harder to use. It's not that much harder, but with Android, downloading thing off your web and installing them is sometimes in play.
I am not referring to illegally downloading things.
For example, you can install Amazon's AppStore off the internet.
For this reason I bought an iPad, which I use when I am more tired and want to relax, and an Android phone for when I am more awake and want to be able to do more.
I am going to point out Android is cheaper than iOS.
You can buy an iPhone with a contract for around $250. You could get a Galaxy S4 for free now which has more RAM, a better processor.
This proves Android is cheaper.

I don't own either :( But my family (Yeah, sucks that I'm the only one in the family without a smart phone... But it's my choice anyway XD) prefers to buy Android phones than iOS. One reason is that Android is cheaper. Another is that Android is more technologically advanced. And because most Apple games (did I term it correctly?) require payment, while most Android games are free XD <<the last one's according to a friend XP

I used to be Android all the way until I got and iPhone and realized how much easier and how much more stable the operating system is for gaming and applications in general. Now, Android has much more in the applications store, but I prefer the stability and the extra dexterity controls.

I've had and used both Apple and Android phones. They're really similar and neither is better than the other. The only real difference is Apple has phones based on Ease of Use, while Android focuses more on Accessibility. The only reason I made the switch and now prefer Android is because I'm going into Computer Science and Android is a bit more "programmer-friendly".

I currently use an Android, but planning to buy an iPhone when I get enough funds, sooo yup, switching to iOS soon. There's nothing I don't like with the Android OS, really, it's just that I think iOS looks smoother, sleeker and easier to manage, since I'm not really a phone or an OS techie.

iOS > when it comes to networking, eco-system, functionality and apps.
Android > when it comes to customisation, open source/third party and versatility.

Definitely Android for me. I feel like I have much more control over my phone then when I had iOS. I know that Android is sometimes behind with apps and what not, but I am willing to wait for those apps if it means I get to have my phone the way I want it.

Android is cheaper and easier to update than iOS. iphone is impressive but unless they find make their prices competitive, I am not willing to jump onto their bandwagon.

I've had both iOS and Android and for me I think android as more of a future. Apple seem to rely solely on marketing and the Apple fanboys to keep their sales up and while minor upgrades to iOS might cover up the flaws, in the long term it's an ageing operating system that's going to need a majoy overhaul soon.

I haven't had an iOS so I can't truly say for sure. But I know I love my Android and have never really had problems with it. That's all I've ever used.

I've only had Android phones and products so I really can't say for sure which system is the best but I do love how my android phones are completely customizable and better at graphics and gaming performance in general. From friends, I heard how Apple products cost more and need you to pay more for app purchases. I'm really cheap so I don't like Apple ios gadgets for this reason.

I don't think it's necessarily about being cheap, it's just that people want value for money, and with Apple products they don't get that in my opinion.

Android is better value, and its also a more varied platform so I'm guessing more and more people will be joining as well soon.

If nothing else, for development anyway, it only costs a one time fee of i think $30 to host things on the google play store, but its $100 every year to renew your apple development license.

no brainer there.

as for other stuff, i would the same as others that there are way more free apps, and its a lot more freedom to do what you want.

the main difference being is that an iphone is "locked down" so much it hurts, and as a techie, i want the freedom to change things if i dont like it.

that said, i do think apple makes a good product that works well enough that things don't need to be changed ever, and thats saying something.

I'm just curious as to what are your opinions about these two app platforms. Which do you think is better, Android or iOS?

Android is a lot more better when it comes to gaming. It offers lots of games unlike what is available in iOS. An android user can easily download games from Google play store or have the game application transferred to the person from another android user but it's not so with iOS.

I own a Samsung phone and an Apple tablet, and there are a lot more options on Android when it comes to apps. They are quite similar performance-wise, and the quality games are available on both platforms as well.