As a PC gamer, what is your opinion on controllers?

While I'm used to the mouse and keyboard for controls, some games are just better played with a controller, particularly in racing games and in sports games where you can do various skill/trick moves.

While I'm used to the mouse and keyboard for controls, some games are just better played with a controller, particularly in racing games and in sports games where you can do various skill/trick moves.
Racing games are a great point. I've never been into anything like Need for Speed or Dirt, but I have played a little Rocket League. That's one of the few games I've found to be much, much easier to play with a controller. I could definitely see sports games being easier to play with a controller as well. My roommate is a pretty big FIFA fan, but he only plays them on his Playstation, not his computer.

I play on both platforms equally and I would say that both types of controllers have their own benefits and they serve different types of games well enough. If I am playing a FPS game, for example, I find it so difficult and frustrating to use a console controller whereas I feel much better when using a mouse and keyboard. Not that it makes me that good, but it at least makes me feel more in control rather than just getting shot just because I'm finding it difficult to aim with the sticks. When it comes to fighting games though I would never be able to win using a keyboard and when it comes to that a controller really is necessary.

well to be honest i like most mouse and keyboad rather than a controllers its just my opinion

I have nothing against game controllers, i use one from time to time. I think it is all about what comforts the player. There are players that is comfortable with controllers which make their reactions and controls more efficient. On the other hand, keyboard and mouse players are common because it is the basic control apparatus often used. Overall they are both essential in game playing.

honestly for me it is really so much easier with a controller than a keyboard, specially when I played it for the first time.
An example would be racing games are so much easier to learn with racing game controllers than just keyboard, but with given time, I guess I can manage to be able to use the keyboards full potential for gaming.

It really depends on the game you're playing. Some hack'n'slash games are way more comfortable with a controller than a keyboard, but on the other hand it's really annoying to play FPS games with a controller. The same goes for fighting games, if you wanna be the best then you might as well use something that gives you an advantage.