Nintendo Switch

squallsnake

Editor In Chief
Staff member
Jan 27, 2013
Chicagoland
squallsnake.com
We will have to wait for more details about the system, but what are your initial thoughts?

I want know how much storage space will it have? Will there be a uniform online environment like XBL or PSN? How much will it cost? Are games on disc or cart? What is going to happen to the Virtual Console? Will it play Wii, Wii U, 3DS games or any other backwards compatibility? How much will extra controllers cost? What happens if the system breaks? Will it have Netflix?

While we wait for these answers, Nintendo usually knows what they are doing. But I am at least happy it just isn't another Xbox or Playstation. Those two system are so similar, it will be nice to have something fresh.

I agree with you about it being something fresh - from the people I know that already have one they have only said good things (which is pushing me towards putting my pennies towards getting one too). I just love the portability of it, being able to game wherever you want -- but I do think that game wise and accessory wise it seems to be pretty pricey in comparison to other gaming systems. I think I'm still on the fence but I do have one on my Amazon wishlist and my birthday is coming up - so maybe one of my relatives or loved ones will splurge ;) nice to dream!

I was also impressed and pleasantly surprised that the Switch turned out to be a new and interesting concept, as I was already having my doubts with Nintendo because of their decisions with the Wii U. At that time, it seemed like they were out of ideas and lagging behind the competition, but now seeing how the Switch turned out my view of their company and strategy has been renewed and it showed that they still have a firm grasp of what their corner of the market stands for. I'm honestly not even a Nintendo fan at all but for the first time their console has made me feel like I want to buy it.

The Switch move from CD roms to cartridge is good for kids. It's because, obviously, the scratch a lot of CDs. Anyway, though, I suppose you could also damage a cartridge. What might be some ways to do that? Do you think it's harder than for a CD? I think so.