What is the oldest working console you own?

hedonologist

Registered
Mar 12, 2016
I own a Sega Megadrive produced in 1992 that still works perfectly. I do play it now and then, firstly just to see if it still works, but also partially for nostalgia. I have still yet to complete sonic 2, but I aim to have this done by the end of 2018.

Last edited:
Console* ;)
Just my GameBoy Color I bought in 1998?99? I don't remember anymore, but it's still perfect. Well you can always count my 1995 tamagotchi :p

My PS1. It's actually broken since the console fall off a table once. But my cousin came into my house and he somehow managed to fix it. There are times when it won't work, but it also works after many attempts opening it. I rarely play it nowadays, but I just might play it soon after this thread :). I just hope I can still play it though, and all the CDs can still be played.

Nintendo consoles are known for their durability, reliance and age. My GBA from 2005 is still working, I just had to replace my battery twice. The cartridges are still working, and I still play my Pokemon Sapphire.
You won't get such longevity with other consoles like PS1,2,3 or Xbox. They hardly last for 5-6 years at max with only few exceptions.

Maybe a GBA or a Gamecube. I remember way back when my older brothers decided to sell the Nintendo 64. I was so against it! They sold it and some games anyway. We got ripped off which really upsets me.

Nintendo consoles are known for their durability, reliance and age. My GBA from 2005 is still working, I just had to replace my battery twice. The cartridges are still working, and I still play my Pokemon Sapphire.
You won't get such longevity with other consoles like PS1,2,3 or Xbox. They hardly last for 5-6 years at max with only few exceptions.
IKR! I also own a PSP that I bought in the late 00's and its buttons are already loose; my GBC no matter how much I smashed those buttons to catch my Pokemon, is as good as new. I also own a GBA SP and it's the same. They're great!

The oldest console I own that is still in working condition is the Atari 2600.

50-ToyHallofFame-atari-2600-game-system.jpg

Still one of my favorite consoles. In addition to pretty much all consoles released after 1990, other older consoles that I still own include the NES, Sega Genesis and the Amstrad GX4000.

Indeed, I bought a ps2 in 2009 as my original only lasted 6 years. Whereas my Sega Megadrive, N64 and All of my Gameboys are still in perfect working order. My ps1 lasted a good 9 years, but even that gave up in the end. I saw a working SNES last year too.

I actually went on a buying spree on Ebay and bought a bunch or Dreamcast and Genesis games and consoles. I had to get them as they were sold in really cheap lots. They might be inferior to modern tech but there is still a lot of fun factor in the games.

I actually just sold my Atari 2600, NES, TurboGrx and original GB stuff not too long ago. Also recently sold all my SNES stuff in one massive lot too. While I really like that old stuff, I just didn't have space anymore. I will probably wind up selling my GBC and GBA stuff next.

My Nintendo 64. A treasure of times long gone, I'd say! I am not sure when my parents bought it... 1999, maybe? I was too young to remember, but I still treasure it. I had it fixed a couple years ago and it still runs, it's a miracle I'd say!

Sadly, my brother's Game Boy Color, bought a bit earlier than the 64. got stolen a couple years ago. It was very upsetting.

I still have Saga and Nintendo 64 still packed in my shelves at home. Between the two of them, I loved playing my Nintendo 64 more compared to gaming with my Sega console. In fact, the only particular game that always takes me back to play with my Sega console is "The Punisher". I really enjoy playing this particular game over and over again without getting tired or bored of it. It's actually the reason why I couldn't dash out the Saga game because I still loved playing the game. If I had the game in my Nintendo 64, I would have easily given out the game but I didn't, so I had to keep my Sega console back up till today.

PS3. Yeah I know, it's not really that old, but I don't tend to keep my stuff that long anyways, and as I barely even use that buying more consoles would seem like a waste of money. Especially when you can just use an emulator to get any and all retro consoles on your PC anyways, so it saves space in my apartment by a ton!

PS3. Yeah I know, it's not really that old, but I don't tend to keep my stuff that long anyways, and as I barely even use that buying more consoles would seem like a waste of money. Especially when you can just use an emulator to get any and all retro consoles on your PC anyways, so it saves space in my apartment by a ton!

PS3 is not an old console to me, it's just not that far or too different from the latest PS4. If it's PS1 or PS2, then I would consider calling it old because it's been around for quite a while and it's game graphics isn't cool compared to that of Playstation 3 and Playstation 4.

The oldest console I have at home is the NES. It is our family's first game console. I still play it sometimes with my favorite Metal Gear Solid and Super Mario Bros. 3.
Retro gaming never gets dull, it still have that something that makes you want to play it again. Maybe its because its the one that marked on my mind what video gaming is.
I also have PS1 and PS2 at home but their not functioning anymore.

I also own a Nintendo Entertainment System, it was given to us by my aunt from US when I was 7 I guess, and yes it is still working and I am still using it from time to time. the games in that console are so classic mostly text based games but still so good to play, much more simply to understand.

My PS1 is thedownload.jpg old console I have. It was broke now but if someone can still fix this I will going to fix it I just missed playing this type of console.

My PS1 is theView attachment 51 old console I have. It was broke now but if someone can still fix this I will going to fix it I just missed playing this type of console.

hahah I like this console too, it kinda nostalgic to see it again, but this game console really change it all, like the first ever CD type console and has a lot of cool 3D games, back in the days this was so popular, because you can play so many games with it.
This console is also the first console to have a dance game if I remember correctly, although I didn't had one of these, I really wanted to own one of these before, but it was so expensive, specially the games.

I still have my PS1 which was given to me as a present by my mom. Its still working fine but i don't use it anymore. I don't intend to sell it because it has sentimental value. The fact that it was given to me by my mom, it was also the first console that i have where i learned my playing skills.