Games You Are Bad At

I'm very bad at fighting games. Sadly, I love watching them being played by good players. I wish I had that kind of hand-eye coordination. I can't do combos and I do not possess the dexterity needed in my fingertips to execute a decent fighting move. Oh, I hate that.

Reactions: iCoachU
I've always been bad at games where I lost all my equipment upon death, such as Terreria and Realm of the Mad God. I just get too pissed off, lol

I think the more you play a game, the more you become better at it. But there is game called "Shadow of the Colossus" and no matter how much I play it, I never progress past level 1. Hardest game I have played my entire life.

Really? Other than the clunky controls, I always thought that game was relatively easy. The puzzle elements are difficult, but the gameplay itself is not too tough in my opinion

I think the horror games, especially the atmospheric ones as it can be tricky to find out what occurs, and how to move further in the game and can be challenging at times. I sometimes find the point and click games like Tex Murphy and The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav which, does require you to think more and focus as well and can take time as well to end the game. I think some games can be challenging and also some can be suited for certain people only, and also it is interesting how some games can make you think and requires a strategy to do them.

I'm honestly not really all that good with video games. I just tend to obsess over the few that I actually like and sometimes I play them enough times to become at least above average at them. For most games though, I just either never can get them or plain just can never get into them.

I'm really bad at sports games like FIFA, for example, mostly because I'm not that interested in sports to begin with and I'm even more disinterested in their video game versions, so I just ultimately never got to be good at any of them, including NBA and other similar sports video games. Also I'm not very good at FPS, to be honest. I always end up being the most killed, though I guess I would probably get better at it if I obsessed over it like most of my friends do.

Which games are you the worst at?

I am awful at Tetris. I play against others on XBOX 360, and consistently lose over and over again. Even so, I totally love playing it! I will get my butt kicked all day long, and still play, simply because it's fun and I enjoy it.

I'm awful at FPS as well. I also suck at a lot of strategy games because I don't plan far enough ahead on them.

I am really not very good at first person shooter games. I am getting better at it, but I know I suck terribly. I am pretty sure it's because I am just not used to the whole set up. Growing up, there were no first person shooters. You give me a side scrolling game and I will rock it! As soon as my son wants me to play Halo with him... I am totally screwed. Ha Ha! I did start sharpening my skills with Dishonored, though. I had to play the game and since it's first person, I had to adapt and overcome. I may not be as fast as him yet. But I am getting better.

I'm kind of bad at modern FIFA stuff. I used to play in everything prior to 2010, I guess. Or, maybe, 2012. Then I went crazy. Yep, it's become more realistic. However, I personally don't need the whole realistic thing. I was pretty comfortable with the gameplay like, for example, in FIFA 07.

I'm really bad at strategy games. The kind where you need to plan what to buy, where to do it, what needs to be done first, I'm just bad at it. Whether it's MOBA or RTS, I'm just bad at those kinds of games.

I am so bad at driving or racing games that it is laughable for anyone to play me. I am not really even sure what it is, and in real life I am a really good driver, but when it comes to those games I just lose something and cannot steer to save my life. It has always been that way too. Oh well, just one of those things I guess.

I'm very bad at fighting games. Sadly, I love watching them being played by good players. I wish I had that kind of hand-eye coordination. I can't do combos and I do not possess the dexterity needed in my fingertips to execute a decent fighting move. Oh, I hate that.

Unfortunately, I am also bad at fighting games. It's alright for casual play but for professional or hardcore matches with real players then it gets troubling. I can't memorize all those combos, I keep forgetting them. But I love to play them against the AI and better if it has a story mode.

Fifa. I don't know why, but I'm incapable of playing soccer video games. I played for a long time to improve my skills and everytime I played with someone else I lost. I just think I'm not made to play these kind of game.

I'm honestly not really all that good with video games. I just tend to obsess over the few that I actually like and sometimes I play them enough times to become at least above average at them. For most games though, I just either never can get them or plain just can never get into them.

^This is me, like completely!

More in depth though, I completely suck at first person shooters. Doesn't matter if I'm on Pc or console- I am just horrible. Closely following would be racing games- sometimes if I play them enough I can get the hang of it and play somewhat competently, but mostly I just tend to crash. A lot.

Reactions: iCoachU

Hello Lamanlupa/Julez, it is I, iCoachU, here to rescue you. You see, I used to be bad at fighting games. You do not possess the dexterity...yet. You see, dexterity is an understanding of time and a result of intelligent repetition.

It is not about YOU, it is about your HANDS. You must think, watch, understand your opponents. Your hands must do what they do instinctively.

And to do that, you must condition them.

Whatever fighting game you have, turn it on, hit training mode. Your goal is to use your normals, do not hit the opponent, but just trigger the normals. For example, crouching light punch, medium, heavy. Do each one of those 50 times in a row, slowly. Observe. Silence your mind. Allow your eyes to witness them, allow your fingers to get used to the input. Repeat for each. Aim for 500 repetitions. Aim for 1000. As you repeat, you advance. You can witness things you never noticed after 1000 reps.

Combos are simple understandings of chains and transitional moments. You must learn to slow down time, to practice hand maneuvers in slow-motion. Reconstruct time without the game, slow your hands to a crawl. Stretch 1 second of inputs into 10 seconds of inputs. Then speed it up to 5 seconds. Then 2.5. Then do it at speed.

It will teach you discipline, skill, timing and intuition. Then you will learn to respect the greats in a new light.

Go practice. It is time.

I'm somewhat bad at puzzle games, but perhaps that's why I love them, because I find them more challenging than other people do.

This question comes up a ton when I'm with my friends and my answer is always the same. I am terrible at turn-based games like Final Fantasy. Don't get me wrong. I do like the game, but I cannot get the hang of having to control so many different characters at the same time. You would think it would come easy to me given I am a pro at multi-tasking, but alas, it's not. I get so confused trying to sort out the proper strategy to succeed and I always fail. I would much rather just play one main character and grow it, besides focus on a bunch of characters that all have different abilities, strengths, weakness, etc.

The genre I'm extremely awful at is first-person shooters. I could have all of the practice in the world, but if I seem to have the hardest time navigating around the playing field, why am I playing the game to begin with?

I won't even talk about my aim. That's a different story.

I pretty much suck at any game that isn't a slow paced RPG but usually manage to bugger through. With Bungie's shooters I feel that they've been around so long and I've spent so many hours playing them, that at this point I'm decent but put me in Battlefront 2 or CoD and I'm just in a constant state of waiting to respawn.

I'm crap at racing games. And I'm so bad at them that I literally get pissed when I have to play them lmao. I guess no one likes to lose row after row, right?

Mario Kart is the bane of my existence and I can't think of a single time I won it. I'm a sore loser so... Yeah, it's safe to say I avoid this type altogether.