Games That You Always Come Back To

hafiz93

Registered
Mar 12, 2016
New games are released every year, so almost every year we'll have a new game to play. But after completing a new game we often go back to a certain game that we often play, games like DoTA, CS, or LOL. For me it's FIFA. Often time when I finished playing certain games, like when I finished playing Borderlands 2, I go back to playing FIFA. So what are the games that you guys always come back to?

I actually have a couple. The main one is Age of Empires 2. I love that game and was psyched when the HD version came out on Steam. However, there two MMOs that I always find myself playing at least once a year for a month or two. World of Warcraft and Darkfall. I don't know what it is about those two, but I can never seem to completely stay away.

I have two, Kingdoms of Amalur and Generals: Zero Hour. It helps that the two of them are in different genres. I come back to Amalur because I haven't finished the story yet since I take all the side quests. I'm rocking a level 32 character that's not even halfway through the storyline.

As for Zero Hour, the missions are all unique and fun to play. I also love bombing the heck out of my enemies as General Granger.

There's many, but Killing Floor, Total War games (especially Empire), Age of Empires 2, Age of Mythology, Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis/Resistance, Call of Duty 4, Oblivion... those are some examples of games I go back to every once in a while, and have done for many years.

I always find myself going back to Age of Mythology games. It was released over 10 years ago, but I still find the fast paced action a way to escape real life. Sure there are a lot of updated games based off of the same engine and game play, but it's a taste of nostalgia. Even Star Wars Battle Front is another game I still play. Same engine, star wars based with is cool, and it take me to a easier time in my life.

Hands down for me it's World of Warcraft. I absolutely love that game. I am a devoted fan who tends to powerlevel through to the top level and then quit for awhile. Blizzard definitely has me hooked on that game for sure! I enjoy the game because it's always changing. Yes, sometimes it changes in a negative way, but for the most part, I have no issues with what Blizzard decides to do. It does burn my biscuits when they mess with my Mage though. Anyone else play?

World of Warcraft is game that I always seem to go back to as well. For whatever reason I just can't stay away forever. Probably because I obsessed with achievements:). And every once in while battle pets...however, the one time I came back and my healing Monk was completely different, I was a little pissed.

I can't help going back to Battlefield 4 despite its flaws cause it took me so much time and effort to get decent. I must have near 150hrs clocked in Persona 4 Golden and am probably gonna go for another playthrough as soon as I knock this one out. Same story with changing nuances, still it hits me hard every time. Insurgency's also becoming a new one of these; no shooter has been as satisfying after I got a taste for it: the heavy soldiers, rifle kick, and HUD-less play.

I've been recently going through a kick where I want to replay games I've beaten years ago. The Zelda Oracle games, for example. Bought them on sale and slowly re-playing my way through Seasons right now. I beat the hell outta them when they first launched on GBC so many years ago. But it has been so long and only played through them once, it is almost like playing them for the first time all over again.
And Halo 5. I still play Halo 5 to get my daily win bonus.

Street Fighter. I've played the game ever since I was 6 and I still never get bored. I'm not that great though I just play casually with friends or just arcade mode.

Civ V. I've been playing it since release and I still occasionally open it and enjoy hours of gameplay. I still haven't played the latest version.

For me I keep coming back to the Empire and Allies online games because it is very addicted and challenging for me. I always spend a lot of time for playing for it. I feel great about it because of the great players worldwide that I always deal with. It is an action and adventure game that will sharpen your knowledge and skills on a certain battle. It makes me feel motivated to have it because of the new updates on it and the increasing difficulty that makes it more exciting and more fun to play. It is very lively and awesome game you will not really feel any boredom while playing it.

I always come back to League of Legends, Rollercoaster Tycoon (the original Chris Sawyer version) and Stronghold Crusader. It's interesting, I have a game from three different genres that are like the "staples" of my video game diet. I play League of the most, which is a MOBA I'll play with friends online. Offline, I'll play Rollercoaster Tycoon if I just want to relax and build a theme park, and Stronghold Crusader (RTS) when I want to build armies and destroy castles.

I still replay Streets of Rage every so often, which these days I mostly can play only on PC since I don't have a console anymore and doing it this way is also great since fans are constantly making their own spin off versions so I always have something new to discover and play even though the original games were discontinued long ago. As of now I'm still waiting on the completion of the newest major release so hopefully I will get back to playing my favorite game again soon. Aside from that these days I'm mostly only playing mobile games so probably the closest other game I'd consider to be something I go back to constantly would be Tekken since that never gets old for me and as long as they keep making new versions as good as they make it now I'll probably keep playing indefinitely.

As a game player, I have always had the chance to change the game that I play on a yearly basis and, just like you pointed out, we have new games that are out in the market on a yearly and some even come out in monthly basis. However, it is important that we see the need to have one particular game that we can't get tired of playing and one of those games is the top eleven be a football manager, which is an online simulation game that I began playing for more than two years now.

The thing that I've come to like about the game is the way the developers try on a monthly basis to add new features to the game and that is how they've come to have more gamers among the football managers games we have around.

After being tired of a game, i always uninstall it and install other games. Although this was my method for quite sometime, i always end up installing games that i missed playing. One of the game that i always keep a file stored is Red Alert, i have been playing this game since it was released. I have uninstalled it a couple of times and ended installing it again. Maybe i just love the game so much:p

Well even though I already stopped playing World of Warcraft there are times that I still open my account and play it around, I guess I still missed the fun and exciting experience whenever I go for a raid dungeon.
Other than World of Warcraft, I still often play League of Legends, even though that I think that I won't achieve anything in playing this game but whenever I make a good clash with my character it really makes me go and play more and more again and again.

I always come back to League of Legends and DOTA 2. After losing streaks, I play other casual games to relieve my stress and I don't play these two MOBA games for months and even years. But once someone asks me to play with them again, I learn to enjoy MOBA games again and return playing them.

DOTA 2 will always be my favorite video game. It is the game that I will forever play. This game serves as our bonding from college friends. This game is special to us.

Gta San Andreas when my net is down and I feel like kicking like a G. The cheats are timeless CJ is still the best gangsta chracter for games in my opinion.